Skip to main content

My Fun Morning!

This morning I got the pleasure of going to have a CAT Scan of my Sinuses at one of our Hospitals.

Shockingly, I wasn't very acclimated with this hospital so I wasn't really sure where I was going inside.

I came in the door and went to the information desk and there was no one there. So I finally had to call on a help phone to find out what I was supposed to do and where to go.

So I go over to the registration booths which were basically hidden, and sit down with a distinctly unfriendly woman whose pants were so high I am pretty sure they were touching her bra. (Maybe thats why she was so unhappy?)

As she is dinking around putting me in the system, I look and see a Policeman with a young guy in handcuffs. And where do they come, but of course right next to me.

So now I am smack dab next to a convict and a police officer.

I start to get a tad nervous, and wonder what the convict is guilty of and if he is a violent offender.. I start praying that my register person will hurry it up before I have a chance to find out exactly WHY this fellow is a convict.

While all this is going on and I am beginning to sweat bullets from every pore on my body, an extremely weird and LOUD woman comes along and tries to arm in on my registering! Thankfully she sits down, but doesn't shut up. I start praying again that wherever she is going will nto be thre same place as me.

Finally I get done registering before finding out what the convict did, or being arrested myself for smacking the annoying woman upside the head.

I make my way back to the Radiology dept and turn in my papers and have a seatl. Not ten minutes later so I hear a familiar voice along the hallway. Inwardly I groan, and start begging God for her to walk past.

She didn't.

She cam eright into Radiology, with her elderly mother, and proceeded to ask me what I was watching on tv. I wasn't watching anything it was set to the radio station and had channel listings on the screen in black and white. You would THINK she might have noticed that small detail. But she didn't. I said nothing and she said Oh, good, I thought you were watching cartoons and then I would have to sit on the other side of the room... CARTOONS???!! I'm sitting here dressed in professional clothing and don't have a child in sight, why would I watch cartoons??!!

If that wasn't bad enough she sits TWO chairs away in a huge waiting room, and proceeds to take off her shoes and socks and investigate her feet, which have SORES on them, BLEEDING SORES!!

At this point I am trying to decide whether I should pass out or throw up. It was a toss up. Thankfully right as she hobbeled to the desk to ask for bandaids God answered my prayers and took pity upon me and sent the tech to come and get me and take me back from my CAT Scan. Needless to say at that point I could have hugged the woman. But I refrained.

The scan was quick and painless and I was done within five minutes. As I walked out of radiology and headed towards the main entrance but what do I see but TWO State Troopers!

I headed for the hills. I'm not sure what was going on at the hospital but I decided I had enough excitement that morning and I didn't want to find out!!

Comments

sabby said…
You should have put cartoons on! She practically told you how to get rid of her!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea