Skip to main content

Good Friday

I realized that I blog more for work than I do on my personal blog.. (well I format and put together the blogs, details!) So I will try to do better about updating.


Today is Good Friday and I'm at work on my lunch break. It has been crazy busy all week long, which has been fun, because I've seen ALOT of students and ALOT of prospective students, but I feel like I haven't gotten anything done! Hopefully I'll get more accomplished next week.


Tonight I am going to our Good Friday service at church. I'm really looking forward to it. I went a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but the past few years I have left early in the evening to go to my parents for the weekend so I have missed it. Tonight I am going home late, around 9ish, so I can attend the service. Its a very solemn time of really thinking about what happened so many years ago and the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus made for us, and his love for us. I think we all get caught up in the Holidays, getting together with family and friends and all the "fun" parts of it, but we never take time to remember why we celebrate and exactly WHAT we should be celebrating. So tonight, I will go to church and be reminded of why we celebrate Easter, and what Jesus has done for me.


After church, I will mentally switch gears and go meet my friend Jennifer and her two little kids. She just had a baby less than two months ago and I get to snuggle and cuddle with baby Tyler! I am sooo excited! I love bebbies!! :)


Speaking of cuddling I hung out with Katie and Joey last night. Sammy had allready went to bed by the time I got there. :( Joey is just so adorable. He is always so willing to share his video games with me, and makes me play them, even though I usually do horrible! He coaches me through them, which is hilarious, because he takes it so seriously, but his head is always in the way so I cant see!! And he wonders why Charity never wins any games.. :)


After we played games we listened to some music, specifically Joey's song, Slow Fade. He loves that song! We cuddled together and sang together untill the middle of the song when he decided it was time to break dance. I wonder if Casting Crowns knows that tehy have music you can break dance to? Someone should tell them. It was hilarious, he tried to do the worm, but, uh, well, the kid was going backwards! He never got the whole go forward part. It was so funny! Seriously, when I have kids, I won't need a tv at all. They are sheer entertainment!!


And a final super duper HAPPY HAPPY NOTE!! My friend, my Skipster, LISA is ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark finally popped the question on their 4 year anniversary Weds night. I about screamed when i found out!! I am SOOOO excited for Lisa and Mark, and can't wait to help her plan her wedding!! WOOT!! And just for a point of reference here is me and the skipter! pimp and skip!!

Can I get a JESUS IS COOL???!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jesus is SOOOOOO cool!!!! Amen, Sista!!!

You blogged about me. And put a picture of us in. You really love me:)

Have you ever been a wedding planner?

-Skip-

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea