Skip to main content

Thank goodness today is over...

Today has to be preserved to remind me that things could always be worse.

I got up and got ready for work, headed out to my truck at 7:30 like I always do. I went to click it unlocked and nothing happened. Suddenly I had a sinking feeling and realized that I had left my lights on from when I got home from the dentist at 3 pm YESTERDAY!

My battery was deader than a doornail.

I proceeded to call anyone and everyone I had ever met in my entire life. And no one had jumper cables or could give me a lift to work. So I was freaking out.

I HAD to be at work, so finally after no luck I called a cab and they said they would be there in 15 mins. So I went outside and waited on them, while talking to my Mom on my cell explaining what was going on. She asked me why I didn't call my Grams and have her come. Um.. because she's almost an hour away?

After awhile I realize the cab should have been there by now so I get off the phone and call them back. It is now 30 mins after my first call. They said that no one was available and after the next person got back from their run they would send them my way.

Estimated time 20-30 mins.

I get off the phone and start crying because I'm having visions of getting to work and being fired. (and I've also turned into a crier. not sure HOW or why that happened but it sucks!!)

Suddenly, a car pulls into a spot two vehicles away from my dead truck. I throw caution to the wind, and go over to the vehicle, still crying, and ask the lady who was smoking and had her window down (hey, so not my fault! keep your window up if you don't want bothered!!) if she had jumper cables. She did not. I remembered I had a ciggarette lighter to lighter cable and asked her if she had a ciggarette plug in that worked. Alas she did!! SO I convinced her to pull her car behind my truck and try to plug it in. Well the cord wasn't long enough.. What to do.. what to do.. I was near tears again.

She suggested putting the truck in neutral and pushing it. STELLAR idea! I could have hugged her! So I quickly did just that. Well, I quickly put it into neutral, it wasn't so quick pushing it. Have you ever tried to push a 4 door ford explorer? Those things are NOT LIGHT!!

Finally I had it pushed to the middle of the parking lot and that was good enough for me. SO she pulled up beside me and we plugged everything in.

To make a long story shorter, we charged that sucker for over 30 mins and not very much happened. It did finally make clicking noises when I tried to start my truck, but nothing happened after that.

THEN the taxi guy FINALLY shows up. An hour and 15 mins after they said he would be there. He didn't have jumper cables either. Yes, I asked:) He gracious pushed my truck into a parking space while i steered it, and drove me to work. After a quick stop at the bank for cash, since i never carry any!

That was my first experience taking a cab and after the way he drove I pray it is my last! I was telling him that he needed to be in the other lane in order to turn into the drive that takes you to my building. His response? Oh don't worry. After this light turns green I'm going to floor it and pass these 4 cars and then I will cut over in front of the bus (which was stopped at the turn into the drive) And then we'll turn into the drive.

And Lord have mercy he did just that.

I was quite grateful to get to work. ALIVE.

I was not a happy camper though, I was really stressed and worried that I was going to get into alot of trouble, or worse get fired. So I sat at my desk trying to calm down and of course started stinking BAWLING! I turned my back on the person who was copying, but Sara heard my sniffling snotting around from the front desk and came back to check on me. Bless her heart, she saw me crying and put her arm around me and hugged me and patted my back. She was so sweet it only made me cry harder! And then Poor Betsy wandered back there and saw me bawling and was worried about me. It was a horrible stressful day, but my co workers were so sweet and so genuinely concerned about me, that it makes me tear up even now!! I <3>

Above all else, JESUS IS COOL!!!


and I should add that my WONDEFUL FATHER came all the way down here, picked me up at work and suffered through me introducing him to everyone, took me home where he hooked up my new set of jumper cables YAY I HAVE MY VERY OWN!! charged my battery, and took me on a scenic view of l-town while we were testing it out. AND he got me a slush from Dairy Queen and wouldn't let me pay for his shake. I Love my DADDY! HE is the best ever!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea