Skip to main content

Nothing like a brisk run in the morning!

I had a rather odd/frightening experience this morning.

I walked out of my apt building, only to come face to face with a very LARGE goose.

We stared down eachother for a second, and then all of the sudden it opened it mouth and started making this hideous noise and heading towards me.

Not one to stick around and find out what would happen next, I immediately started running for my life.

(And wouldn't you know it, I was parked almost to the opposite end of my building, thanks to getting home late the night before.)

I ran to my truck as fast as I could hearing it chase me as I ran, hit the automatic unlock button and hopped inside, clutching my huge purse to me. If I had been thinking straight I could have just hit the darned thing with my purse. That would have stunned it for a second at least!

I look out my passenger side window and there is the goose staring at me! It had evil eyes. I think it was glaring the death glare.

So I think to myself, HAH! I will show you stupid feathered friend, I'll start my truck and scare the goose poop right out of you.

Great idea in theory.

The Goose was not scared by my truck, but it was very angry.

I started backing up and it started flapping its HUGE wings and coming after the front of my truck! I managed to swerve by it, and drove off. I mean I do have a truck but that was a stinking HUGE goose. How would I explain that to the insurance company? Um, I'm sorry but this goose came after me and started attacking the hood of my truck. I had to be at work early and didn't have time to fight it off, so I just ran over it!

Yeah, PETA would be all over me..

I'm a slight bit afraid to go home tonight...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Geese can really be vicious!
Thanks for praying for our boys- someday, we'll have to meet at church!
Amber Magnuson

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...