Skip to main content

Red and White

I really have nothing super exciting to talk about today, but I felt like blogging anyway!!

Today was Spring Fling at work, we all got out of work at 11:30 and there was free lunch and fun activites you could participate in if you wanted to. I chose not to and ran some errands of my own.

I decided to go shopping and try and find my SIL some birthday presents, since you know, her birthday is TODAY. I'm really bad about getting people's gifts to them on time, but only if they live in a different state. Just ask Kim. IN the 7 years we've been friends she has gotten ONE present before christmas, or her birthday. ONE. What can I say, I struggle!!

Anyways I found some really cool LIZ type of gifts that I'm very excited to give to her! I also found a nice white short sleeved shirt that was halfway dressy. I don't really have a white shirt to wear with colored skirts, so I was glad to find one.

After that I felt the need to go to Sonic for a Cherry Limeade of course! I used to be addicted to them, they were my liquid crack! But now since i'm not passing Sonic every morning on work errands and I don't get over to that side of town very often, I am saddened to say that I had only had ONE cherry limeade in 2009. That was just a travesty. So I fixed it. I've now had two. :)

After paying way too much money to fill up my SUV with gas I came home, had lunch, started some laundry and went outside to enjoy the day. Since I live in a second floor apt going outside to enjoy the day means going out to my balcony:) What, you thought I would go down to the pond and risk my life with the geese? I think not!

I took the book I've been reading and sat outside for over 2 hours untill I finished it. Just a word of advice, If you're going to read outside for hours on end, its a good idea to move every once in awhile. Otherwise you end up with a strange sunburn. And by strange I mean that my entire arm and upper body on my left side are fire engine red. Both of my knees are fire engine red and huuuurrrttttt.. and my legs? well.. lets just say the sunburn on them is less than straight. Its pretty interesting.

So that was today. Tomorrow is work and then heading home to the farm for the weekend and helping my Mom with her garage sale. Have no fear, I will be blogging alot during that!!

Things to look forward to? I will expound on my Facebook How well do you know me quiz, since some of your *cough* KIM *cough* Katie *cough* clearly need a tutorial. AND I will share my thoughts on american idol and danny. Sigh. Danny.. I know you all will be breathlessly waiting for that!

untill then..

JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cherry Limeades used to be your liquid crack...see even you admit it!!! They are so your favorite drink, I don't care what that stupid quiz said!

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...