Skip to main content

Weekend Fun: Two trips to the e.r.

Well I am having a SMASHING weekend. I know you're all going to be suer jealous!

I have been to the e.r. twice in 24 hours.

I've been sick since Tuesday night and off work Weds and Thurs. Woke up before 5 am on Friday and was in massive amounts of pain. No way I could go to work and by this time I was getting worried because my episodes usually go away by then.

So I got up, packed a small bag, took a shower because I didn't know when I'd get another one, and drove myself to the e.r. Yes I said I drove myself to the e.r. Mom has allready lectured me for going alone when I was dizzy and in massive pain. But I didn't want to bother anyone, especially that early in the morning, so I went by myself.

Got there about 6:40, called Grams and told her what was going on and had her call and wake up my Mom and come meet me.

Had Xrays and thankfully got some pain meds and anti nausea and was feeling better. Dr let me go around 9ish and said if it continues to see my Dr. All the tests were negative. I don't think he even spent 3 mins with us total the whole time. So I was upset.

We get home and get settled in and around 1 ish I started having pain again. So I took a pain pill and that helped some. Never got to sleep even though I was really tired.

Fast forward to 10:45 PM I had a massive headache from the Morphine and the pain was coming back in full force. So I got into bed and took another pain pill. Which essentially did NOTHING.

I laid in bed untill almost 2 am when it just became un bearable, I wasn't sure if my appendix was ruptering or what was going on. I knew something was wrong and I was scared.

So I went downstairs and woke up my poor Mom who had only gotten 2 hours of sleep at that point. She woke up Dad and we all headed out to l-town 45 mins away in a HUGE Thunderstorm.

Got to the hospital around 3am and had to wait a stinking HOUR to see the dr! totally unlike the morning previous. I was in so much pain I can't even express it. I laid there holding my stomach trying not to throw up. It hurt too bad to cry. Oh it was horrible. Mom felt so bad for her I heard her sniffling over in the corner (my eyes were closed) so that made me feel even worse!!

FINALLY the Dr came in and It was a different one a lady that actually acted like I was a person. We talked for awhile and she told me what she thinks is wrong with me, I have to see my primary dr next week. She gave me pain meds specifically for my problem and I can't even tell you what a relief it was.

She also gave me some Pheneragen which made me a tad high. I was hallucinating a tad, funny thing was I knew I was hallucininating!! The celing tiles were moving around and reminded me of a kalediscope, with colors and everything! The funniest thing was when I was laying there in my stupor seeing things, i saw these forms we use at work for CODO'ing, and I just started laughing. Who hallucinates about work stuff??! Only me!!

I did have a CAT scan, i think the only thing i haven't had this week is an ultrasound!! And the CAT scan was negative so that was good.

She gave me some pain control meds and more anti nausea stuff to help control it. I"m happy to say i have been faithfully taking them every 4 hours like she said and I haven't been in pain. THANK YOU JESUS!! Speaking of which its about time for me to take them again.

I am beyond tired, as are my parents. I was up for abou 27 hours untill we finally got home this morning and went to bed.

So thats been my exciting weekend. NOT. All I can say is that I'm so greatful to have such wonderful parents and grams that care about me and take care of me and drive me to the hospital in a huge storm.

Now off to bed. Keep praying for me! I need it!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Feel better soon! Dying to know what the diagnosis was! You take care and stay on top of your meds!
Christina said…
I hope you feel better soon & they figure out the cause.
Amanda K said…
Sorry to hear about your awful weekend. Hope you feel better asap!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea