Skip to main content

Owwwwiiieee

Well, I have been MIA for the past few days, here and I was doing SO GOOD at blogging everyday!

Well it at started with my growth hormone test at LCC on Friday morning. What was supposed to be a four hour test turned into 5+. Thanks in part to the FIRE DRILL and EVACUATION of the building. No, I am not kidding. I wish I was. That happened alittle after 8 as I was waiting to be taken back to Infusion for my super fun test. Did I mention that I was supposed to be calm and "at rest" for this test? I even had to have my Mom drive me there because I was not supposed to drive, or be fully awake. Yeah the fire alarm kind of killed that.

If I was smart I would have known that would be a sign of things to come.

I finally got back into my cube and the nurse had to stick me 4 times to get an IV going. My veins from the outside appear nice, but inside they are very tiny and roll. No one ever believes me untill they stick me and find out how hard it is to get a decent vein.

So she finally gets me hooked up. Then we have to wait another half hour almost for the Pharmacy to come up with the 32 oz+ of crap they pumped into my body. Seriously? I mean they knew I was coming, it was a planned test, why did it take so long?

So we are allready behind schedule thanks to the fire drill and the pharmacy.

Finally all of the meds go in me and they start the counter. They had to take blood from me every 30 mins after. That is where the REAL FUN began.

The nurse came in from the lab to draw blood and could not find a vein. Many sticks later she got ahold of a vein but it wouldn't give her any blood. Unfortunately this became the norm, as I went through 4 more withdrawls and 3 more nurses. One after the other who could not get a vein and blood. At the 11'th stick (yes I counted untill 15) on my left arm I lost it and just started crying. It hurt SO.BAD. In fact, days later it still hurts when I touch my arm, wash it in the shower, or even fully straighten it. SUPER FUN.

As if the pain wasn't enough, the ice machine and free pops and water dispenser was RIGHT OUTSIDE MY ROOM! I hadn't eaten or drank anything since 8 pm the night before. I was close to killing for a glass of ice water. And yet they gave me nothing! Not even when I left! I walked out and almost hit the ground right before Mom met me in the lobby. I was sooooo dizzy and lightheaded... not good. thankfully Mom had a banana in the truck and I scarfed that down.

When I left I told the Nurses they could this this test to torture Terrorists. I was ready to confess to ANYTHING to make it stop!!

I am definately NOT doing that test again if I have the choice.

To make things even more fun, I was not able to have any meds after 6:30 am Thursday, 24 hours before my test on Friday.. So thanks to that and the test I felt pretty sick all stinking weekend long. I am so ready for a weekend when I feel good!! I would even settle for OK!!

And now, because you care, here are my bruises, they don't photograph that well so Imagine them much worse!!

Comments

Lucky in Love said…
Cherry limeades are totally worth it! I'm so sad they didn't have one there when I was in school!
Charity said…
I went to college in FL and went to Happy hour at Sonic almost everyday. It was rough coming back to NO Sonic for 4 years!! :(

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea