Skip to main content

Pursued

I can't help myself, I have to talk some more about the Fabulous book "Never the Bride"! over a week later and I am still mulling over what I learned.

I think the second thing that hit me in this book was that God purses us and wants to spend time with me.

God wants to spend time with me? Uh, WHY?!

I think we all know that we are supposed to spend time with God, talking to him, reading his word, and sometimes that can turn into something on our to do list. Devotions, check. Sometimes it can turn into something you have to do, like brushing your teeth you know its good for you but you don't always give it your all. Sad, but true.

But that really made me pause and think. I never thought about God wanting to spend time with me. Sometimes its hard for me to even wrap my mind around the fact that he loves me. I am such a flawed human being and a sinner, and yet Jesus LOVES me and DIED for me! Blows my mind! But that is another post! :)

Alana was so right when she commented on the original post about "Never the Bride" about God Pursing us. Just in case you missed it here's part of her comment!

"A month or so back I went to a womans conference at my church and the whole theme was Pursue. It was about how no matter what is going on in your life, no matter your relationship God is in Persueing you. Regardless of your relationships, your friends, your weight, anything that you judge, God sees past that and is simply persueing you in relationship with him because he loves you unconditionally. It was so moving, I sat there with tears streaming down my face, it was literally my judgments of myself that was separating me from a wonderful, deep relationship with God and others around me, because I was persueing them, not allowing God to pursue me. Its so real... God truly does want the best for each one of us, we just have to let go and allow him to work."

That along with what I read really struck a chord with me. We think we aren't good enough or we have to pretty it up inside and out somehow for God to see us as good enough, but he loves us no matter what and aches to spend time with us.

I spend so much time online, talking to friends, reading blogs, watching tv, reading, ect and yet how much time do I set back to spend with my Saviour? Something to think about..

Comments

~~~Alana~~~ said…
Isn't God's love amazing. I can't even begin to imagine how deep and strong it is. I know that you will find true peace and happiness through God and his plan!

Hugs,
Alana

oh, ps... next time you quote me, feel free to correct all my horrible spelling and grammar! :) I put Abeka English to shame. :)

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...