Skip to main content

Rainy Rainy Pink Weds

Well The Skipster has informed me that I need to blog more often and since I do not plan on leaving my apt premises untill I am forced to Sunday for church because its going to be WICKEDLY COLD and I am made of delicateness and cannot stand anything under 64 degrees, therefore I am blogging.

Whew... How was that for a run on sentence! Dr Chapman would have a fit if he saw that!!

Speaking of Professors I am all signed up for classes Starting Jan 4!!! I am still waiting on my transcript from my AS to reach them and see what classes transfer. Currently I'm signed up for Accounting which I allready took, so hopefully I will get out of that. I'm signed up for Intro to Business as well, and if my feeble 27 yr old mind is right, I allready took that as well.. I'm excited though to start learning again. Give my brain something to do!!

I really wish I could blog here about the amazing deals I got for Christmas presents for my Mom today, but on the off chance she would actually read my blog, I won't. Its SO HARD for me to not tell people what I have gotten them for gifts. I have such a struggle. I am always so excited I want to give it to them RIGHT THEN!!

I'm also excited because my Direct TV INstaller gave me my DVR box and its the perfect size to fit my brothers christmas gifts in! :) My poor clothes closet can't hold everything so now I have gifts stacked in the corner by my armoire with my snuggie draped over it. Don't laugh, it was the biggest blanket I could find to drape and hide everything!!

OH Did I mention I got Direct TV? Yup got it today and I will be saving over 25.00 a month verses my crapcast that I used to have. (Comcast) I almost am supposed to get a 100.00 giftcard and 10,000 mypoints for it as well! Oh I do LOVE a good deal!!!!!! As soon as he left I called Comcast told them I was quitting my service, took my DVR and Remote and dropped it off at their office. BYE BYE CRAPCAST!!!!

My Direct TV guy was AWESOME!! He got here 5 mins early and called to tell me he would be there then. I had the time of 12-4 reserved for him to come, he showed up five mins before noon! I knew right then I was going to love it! I had a break moment of panic because he wasn't sure that he could get my thingy to read on my balcony, and if that didn't work he would have to put it on the ground (i'm on the second floor) and that would cost 50 bucks. I DON"T HAVE 50 BUCKS! So I was about to freak out. He said he would try and do his very best on the balcony, and after me sitting on my couch praying to God, yes literally praying, IT WORKED!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!! And it also opened the door for me to witness to him alittle bit and talk about Prayer and God. That was super cool. We talked for a good half hour at least. He was just the nicest guy, older, and just really kind. And obviously very intelligent because he said I was a very nice person:) Of course that could be because I offered to make him cookies. He was being so nice and doing such a good job that I wanted to thank him and do something nice! And by that time we were pretty much BFF anyway! He declined (maybe he was warned about my cooking??)

So I had a nice afternoon with my new BFF Direct TV Dude.. and now I am watching it and i swear the picture and color is better than comcast.

Yays for a lovely Pink Weds!!

Comments

~~~Alana~~~ said…
if its pink Wednesday... doesn't that mean you should take pictures of your outfit??

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea