Skip to main content

Peace in my Soul

I just have to say that I stole this quote from my new friend from bible study, Kimberely's facebook and I just LOVE it!

...That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats everything out of never trying.

(Well other than the waking is better than sleeping, because you all know how I feel about sleep!
I<3>)

This quote kind of explains the past two weeks in my life! My first two weeks as a 28 yr old were not exactly stellar to say the least. And that's putting it mildly!! There has been alot of stress, worry, drama, tears and heartache.It hasn't been the most fun I've ever had but I feel like I am being stretched, and growing in different ways that I wouldn't have, had these weeks been bland as vanilla.

I am learning to go to God for my worries (WORRY VS CONCERN!!) and problems and I'm leanring what its like to truly pour my heart out to him. I will confess that it is still challenging for me to totally give up everything, I am a worrier by nature and like to obsess over things and analyze every little detail but that is so not healthy for me. I was sick for four days this past weekend and I know part of it was just from all the worry and heartache. Part of which I could have avoided if I hadn't avoided the real issue, but I digress!!

This song is really speaking to my heart right now, especially the first verse. Chris Tomlin has amazing lyrics and really just hits it home. This is the first verse to I will Rise-


There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

When I was away at college in FL, it was a very rough time, and my favorite song, and mantra that I would repeat in my head became It is well with my soul. (Yes, can you tell i'm a musician everything in my life revolves around music and lyrics! (great movie btw))

And tonight as I sit on my couch, listening to my Jesus music and the glorious spring rain fall steadily outside, I am at peace. I do not know what tomorrow or the next week will hold. Undoubtedly there will be heartache and struggles and worry, but I am at peace because I have a Saviour who loves me.

Comments

~~~Alana~~~ said…
Hey Girlfriend! I am sorry things are going so rough right now. I am glad you are finding peace. I will be praying for you. ***Hugs***

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...