Skip to main content

Dear Demerol, I lurve you

I realized while talking to Caca today I never really blogged about my surgery or said anything about it. I guess the Demerol had longer lasting effects than I thought!! Well I don't remember much after being in the OR untill really the next morning was when it all un fuzzed but everything leading up to my surgery was totally from God. I was so thankful to have all of my friends and bible study ladies praying for me. I could not have had a better experience at the hospital!! Which was awesome because last year was really bad.

I was blessed with an AWESOME AWESOME nurse!! Tammy, who was a Christian, Homeschooling her kids and wanting to send them to Ivy! Needless to say by the time my other nurse wheeled me to the OR Tammy and I were totally BFF!! She was really nice and chatty but worked while she chatted and really did a great job of distracting me from what was going on. I still did ALMOST freak out about the IV, but she was awesome enough that I was able to explain to her about my veins and my deep fear of needles. She managed to hit the vein the first try without it rolling which is really amazing, my veins are very small and roll all over my arm and its usually a really horrible experience to try and get an iv in me. I was so proud of myself I did not cry nor get I get dizzy or faint like I usually do! (Yes I know I am a big baby!!) I did my whip the head around as far as it will go in the other direction and squeeze my eyes shut while she does it, but I survived!!

So she was awesome. Definitely made the experience alot better!!

The rest I really don't remember. There were phone calls, and drunken demerol texts I sent to people that I didn't discover untill the next day.. Apparently I feel alot of love for everyone and especially ice cream :)

The highlight of the day WHICH I DON"T REMEMBER!!! (which really upsets me!!) is a story from my Mom, well two actually, but the first one is best.

After the surgery and I had woken up they had me sit up in the bed to try and get my bearings and ward off the dizziness so we could proceed and get ready to go home. So as my Mom tells it. I am sitting up in my bed, all drugged up, and all of the sudden this teeny tiny little OLD man comes up to the door and says "Would you like me to sing to you?" I sweetly answer back "yes please!" and he proceeds to sing me some very old song about dancing in the moonlight or something to that nature. He finished singing and apparently I applauded for him and thanked him and he went on his merry little way. Mom said I sat there for a minute and then got a really confused look on my face, turned to her and said "did a little old man just sing to me?" yes, yes he did. I seriously wish I remembered that! When Mom tells the story she is laughing so hard she's bent over about to die. I am just glad that I have good manners and am very nice when I am under the influence of medication!

The other story wasn't as hilarious, but still funny. Mom said (again I have no memory of this) that my Dr came in and was talking to her and me about how it went and was commenting on how much medicine it took to knock me out. He's like yeah we give her 90% of what would knock a normal person out and she's still awake, and TALKING!!!! She was just chattering away to us! So I asked him what I was saying and he said I have no clue! You already had the tube down your throat! We couldn't understand you! But you sounded happy!!!

hahahha nice... Good to know I don't lose any of my normal self when I"m medicated!

I thought it was interesting though because that's not the first time I've had someone tell me it takes alot to knock me out. I am pretty sensitive to medicine, although not as bad as my mom and grams, but still give me an antibiotic and i will have every bad side effect there is to have from it! Apparently not so much from anesthesia!

So the end of this long story is that the surgery went well. I am going to have to see my dr's co dr who specializes in this stomach disorder sometime this summer. We're probably going to have to put in a pacemaker into my stomach. Yes they actually make stomach pacemakers weird as it sounds. Because my poor little stomach just refuses to work right and isn't responding to medicine. I have this surgery about once every year but I don't want to be doing this for the rest of my life. I"ve allready had this procedure 4 times. SO we'll go and talk to him this summer and find out about it. I have a year untill I"ll start feeling miserable as this wears off so i have time to decide. I am cautiously excited though at the thought of having this one final surgery and finally feeling good. That will bring my surgery count up to 10. And i think that's a nice round number to end with. :)

Comments

Whitney said…
Oh man, that is funny! Last time I had surgery I peed on the recovery room nurse - on purpose. Long story! I think I'm going to need to read back to figure out what your health problems are....hope everything is ok!
Priscila said…
Hahaha you never told me the second story :) it's funny I can sooo picture it!
~~~Alana~~~ said…
Glad things went well, the pacemaker thing sounds a bit scary! Do you have something specific wrong or are you "special" and there isn't a direct diagnosis?

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea