Skip to main content

Tour of Lafayette!!





My Bro and SIL were in town for a business trip Thursday and Friday, and before we all headed home to the farm Friday night for a family weekend, I gave Liz a mini tour of Lafayette.

Thursday she picked me up for lunch and we went to Dog N Suds. Mmmmm.. sooo yummy!! Despite a brief moment of fear whether their monster truck was actually going to fit at the drive up, it fit and we had a great time! They have the comfiest vehicle for hanging out in! The front seat is HUGE and you can curl up and still have plenty of room. Man I wish my truck was like that I could take a SERIOUS nap at lunchtime!!!

That evening Kev went out with his work peeps and Liz and I headed to Arni's for dinner. I had been craving Arni's for quite some time. I don't think I've had it all year so it was time! We had a great time and great food, and she is addicted now as well!! Great conversation as well, we stayed for two hours! I love having family that are my best friends that we can share whatever is on my heart. We are so blessed that my brother married a wonderful, Godly woman, who not only loves him!!!!! but loves us as well and is an active and willing participant in our family!!

We all headed home Friday night and stayed up WAAAAYYYYYYY too late. But no fears we made up for that by sleeping in on Saturday, and ok I might have taken a nap as well:)

Sunday wasn't as great, I got a migraine late saturday night and despite taking my meds still felt bad Sunday morning. So I missed out on church and going out to eat with everyone. Which I realized, We've never all been out to eat together! We always eat at home, or I am in town with Kev and Liz and eat with them. So sadly, we still haven't. So I stayed in bed resting until everyone got home and then we all got ready and they headed home for Iowa and I headed back to L-town. I arrived safely and am feeling better. I honestly think it was from my electrocution Friday night. My neck feels fine and that's usually where I get my headaches from. But Friday night I started getting a horrible headache and it came back on Saturday night. SO I blame it on the near death experience!!!

Anyways that was this weekend, work tomorrow and Tuesday and then Surgery on Weds. Can't wait to get it over with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Jesus & Sephora!!

 I am not a morning person. There are very few things I will get up early for. Friday morning I got up while it was still dark outside. My alarm went off at 6:45 am and let me tell you I have not seen that time for a very very long while! However, something really exciting was happening that morning! Sephora came to Tippecanoe Mall! THATS RIGHT FOLKS SEPHORA!!!!!!!! I love me some Sephora! Yes, it is expensive, but the quality is amazing, and in reality I spend less on Sephora products than trying to find something that works with my wacky skin at the drug store. I have been looking forward to this for weeks. I set my alarm early and ran out the door in a hurry! I got to the mall at 8:02 am. Sephora was opening at 10. I was not the first person there! I was about the 12'th person there and at first we were all smushed into this doorway which was really not comfortable at all. Thankfully the kind people at JcPenney let us inside the store so we could line up outside of Sephor...

Who needs a Knuckle anyway?!

 If you are squeamish and do not like pictures of fingers stitched up, now would be the time to close this post and come back another day!  I put this picture of my struggling get up for my shower first so that no one has to see the stitches if they don't want to. Call me kind :) Also, this get up did not work at keeping my finger dry.  So last night i was opening a box of books, and accidentally opened my knuckle as well. It's funny, it didn't really hurt at the moment. I felt it of course, but it wasn't horrible pain. Blood started gushing and I ran for the bathroom to get some tp on it and bandaids. I do NOT do well with blood and seeing all of it made me a tad bit light headed. I managed to find some gauze and tape and after looking at my finger and noticing that i could see INSIDE my finger and the knuckle skin was WIDE open, I almost passed out. hahahaha.. it was GROSS! I dr'd up my finger and tried to decide if it would heal on it's o...

30 Day Blog Challenge!!

So in my efforts to become a more consistant blogger I am going to do a 30 Day Blog Challenge that has been floating around the interwebs for awhile. It won't be every single day since I'm going on vacation this weekend and then having surgery on the 6'th, but maybe while I'm laid up recovering from surgery this will give me something to do! So, here are the topics as follows! Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts Day 2: Something you want to do before you die Day 3: Your first love Day 4: Your parents Day 5: A song to match your mood Day 6: A picture of something that makes you happy Day 7: Favorite movies Day 8: A place you've traveled to Day 9: A favorite picture of someone you could never imagine your life without Day 10: Something you're afraid of Day 11: Favorite tv shows Day 12: Something you don't leave the house without Day 13: Something that means a lot to you Day 14: A picture of you last year - how have you changed? D...