Skip to main content

Today was a magical day...

Today was such a beautiful magical day. Ellen got married today!!! The little girl I have known since she was 6 years old is now a beautiful married woman!! I got to see her before the wedding and it was really special.
I had seen pictures of her in her dress but to see the whole package put together. WOW. it took my breath away and I almost cried. But I was too excited for her!
She was typical Ellen, hyper, excited and just ready!! I love that about her! Probably because we're so much alike!!
And then I got to see my Amy!! It was SO GOOD to hug her!! I haven't seen her since her wedding a year and a half ago, since she moved to Hawaii with her hubs. I just love her. We've been friends for 15 years now and I know no matter what she'll always be there for me. Amy and Ellen aren't just friends. They are family.
The lovely Apes went with me to the wedding and we had such a good time!! It was seriously one of the most fun weddings I have ever been to! Not stuffy, lots of laughter and it just showed Ellen's personality so well!!
I love capturing the close up of the bride seeing her groom. I almost didn't get this because i was about 2.5 seconds away from going into the ugly cry. Somehow I managed to hold it back but it was close. so. close. One of the things Ells did that I loved was walk into her own song. She had a non vocal version of Love Story by Taylor Swift, can't remember if it was all piano or had other instruments but it was beautiful!! her attendants walked in and then when the music crested the doors open and in she came. it gave me chills.
I seriously love this pic. SO beautiful. They were singing to eachother. And that started me crying again
I love this!! Not just because its SO Ellen, but because I have an almost identical picture of Amy from her wedding!! Enthusiasm runs in the family:)
Loved this too! Instead of boring walking down the aisle each pair did something unique! One chick high fived me, and Ames danced. This is the famous Amy Face that I am still trying to perfect!!
I love the rose petals as well. I didn't throw mine because i was taking a picture but i oh so helpfully threw them in the car beforehand... 0=-)
Me and my Other Mom, Mary (amy and ellen's mom) I just love her to pieces! I have spent more time at her home than anyone else that i'm not blood related to! AND she made chicken and noodles for Ellen and Me!! She told me that she made them for Ellen but she was thinking of me too because she knew how much I loved them! AND I DO!! sidenote, does anyone not in Indiana put mashed potatoes on the bottom and then put the chicken and noodles on top? it seems to be a regional thing but dang its good. try it!!
Ames and I working on my Amy face. Still not perfected.
And one last picture with the beautiful Bride before I left!!

It was such a perfect day, I am so happy for Ellen I can't even put it into words. God is good.

Comments

Whitney said…
I love the picture after the one where they're singing to each other! Such a fun wedding!
EllenL said…
I love to reread your blog about our wedding. I can't believe it's almost been a year already! YIKES!
Charity said…
That was such an awesome day! I love seeing people I love sooo happy!! sniffles!! makes me want to tear up again!! haha.. i have to say everytime i hear love story on the radio and it gets to the part where the doors opened and there you were, man it still kind of gets me!! i get a little goosebumpy!!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea