Skip to main content

Having a Mary Spirit- Chapter 3 Twisted Sisters

Well God is continuing to show me real life examples of what we learn in Bible Study each week and specifically what *I* need to learn and change in my heart! It can be a tad painful at times, but again like the book says, Its a good hurt.

I admit sometimes when I am faced with everything in my life and heart that is sinful and God needs to chang it can be a little daunting, but the Bible says that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it.

A few weeks ago someone brought that verse up and they said something I hadn't thought about. God says he will be faithful to complete us but he doesnt' give us a time frame. He has his own time frame and we may not be completed untill we go to Heaven. That makes me feel better!

Because I look at myself and think WHOA. There is no way that all of this is getting changed anytime soon! And it helps me to remember that i'm on God's time frame and not my own. Which is wonderful because I am the most impatient hurried person you could imagine!

Chapter 3 was titled Twisted Sisters and boy howdy... It hit me hard! It only took three lessons to get me to the crying point! For me this lesson was an extension of the lesson the week before when I realized I have an attitude problem. This week we had a sheet of Sinful Alter Ego's and hello, there I am the trouble with my Temper!! I don't have my sheet with me so I forget the exact words but man alive it hit me upside the head! That is SO me! When things don't go my way or something happens that I don't like, ect I get mad! And that is not the way I should be nor is it the way I want to be.

Sheryl talked about having that Twister Sister inside of us, and since I"m not so creative (ha) I kept the name from the book. Tawanda. yes, I have a Tawanda inside of me who is not very friendly and is childish in her wants for things to go her way. She gets mad when she thinks she is wronged and doesn't realize that she does not deserve to be treated well just because she is who she is. I was sharing this with Caca my accountability partner and she said the following which made SO MUCH SENSE!!

"Even though you're nice. YOURE STILL A SINNER. Therefore you don't deserve ANY niceness or grace! Yet God gives it to us everyday! So instead of focusing on people being mean. Focus on the people that were nice. Because. You DID NOT deserve those people, but God allowed you to get niceness from them :) "
She speaks the truth!
So I have been on alert this week for when Tawanda wants to come out and I have been squashing her down! ok so not successfully each and every time but she has been drastically limited to her freedom and she is getting ready to hed to San Quentin and be gone forever! I have even made a little song to sing to myself when I feel my attitude and meanness coming out. I will spare you from that song but its actually helping me! Instead of spewing out nastiness from my mouth I am singing something nice and putting my focus where it should be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea