Skip to main content

My latest medical adventure!!

And I would just like to say NO I did not play with the instruments in the Dr's office again. I somewhat learned my lesson after I got caught the last time. 0=-)

Anywho, I had the joy and pleasure of being tortured at my Dermatologist's yesterday afternoon. I had a suspicious mole on my back so I went in for a Shave Biopsy. Yeah. It was about as fun as it sounds.

I've had other moles removed so I knew somewhat what to expect. Apes kept telling me that I would be fine and I would be laying down on my tummy taking a rest and the worst part would be the numbing.

Was she ever right about the latter.

They did not let me lay on my tummy they had me sit up on a gurney that they raised so he could be eye level with my back. Did I mention I have a fear of heights? LIke can't even climb two rings up a ladder fear of heights? No worries, I soon forgot all about the height situation when he shoved a needle in my back.

I seriously needing numbing to BE numbed!! By far the worst part of the whole thing was being numbed. I had my ipod on but it did not help. I felt that needle go in and i could pictue it in my head. But this was no ordinary needle, OH NO!! Have you ever seen an Ant Farm? And how the ants go round and round on all of these different trails? That what it felt like he was doing with that needle in my back. It just kept moving and hurting and poking and MOVING!!!

And before I knew it I couldn't breathe. I could just feel that horrible needle in me and I couldn't breathe. I think I was starting to have a panic attack or something. I about flipped out.

The following is what transpired in my mind...

There is a needle in my back. A huge horrible needle. Oh heavens. I can't breathe. I can't breathe OH MY GOSH I CAN"T BREATHE!!!! I'm going to fall. I'm going to fall off of this gurney because i'm going to pass out because i can't breathe from this needle and i am going to fall and hit my head and probably get a concussion but that won't matter because this needle on its search and rescue mission is going to run through my body when i fall to the ground and probably hit and puncture a lung and then what am I going to do? I'm not at work, there are NO respiratory therapists around to save me!! SO the needle is going to puncture my lung and i am going to die here at the dermatologists office. Ohmygoodness whatamigoingtodo???!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?! I"M GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And As I'm still yelling inside my brain that I'm going to die and wondering what i should be buried in they told me that they were done.

Yes, indeed it shall be interesting when I have kids. I am a wuss.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea