Skip to main content

Thanksgiving week Recap!

So Thanksgiving week was pretty crazy!

Monday our office was open to students but we had no advising apts, which was great! Tuesday and Weds we were closed for Students but Apes and I were still there working. Our system was revamped all of last week so I'm kind of interested to go in Monday and see what they have done to it! Hopefully it's all back up in working order.

Tuesday morning Apes and I had the opportunity to go to a Professional Development Seminar we went to one on Meyer's Briggs Personality Types and how to better interact with others. It was really interesting! And alot of fun!!

Apes has been telling me that I was a certain type for the past year and what do you know she was right! Hello, My Name is Charity and I am an ESFJ! :)

The only bad thing about the meeting was that it was when I was really getting sick with my Sinus Infection and double ear infection in both ears so I spent the whole three hours popping halls and trying to pop my ears open so I could hear better. I'm sure people wondered why I was making such weird faces when I did that but oh well!!

After our meeting we got to go out to lunch together for the first time! I think I posted that pic allready but it was alot of fun! Spaghetti's has a really calm ambiance and super good food! After that we stopped at Starbucks and got something warm to take back to the office to sip on. Mercy it was cold outside! I finally got myself one of those super cool Plastic Venti cups with straws that you can wash and re-use. It had a Christmas Straw. I couldn't resist. I love a good water bottle!!

Weds am I went to the Dr for my annual check up and got a new thing of antibiotics since mine were clearly doing NOTHING. Apes and I ordered in Pizza from Pizza Hut for lunch since it was super nasty outside. It was sleeting and just plain gross! We tried the new Pizza with the bread bites as the crust that are filled with cheese. Don't know what it was called but WOW was it good!!!

We ended up leaving early at 2, since the whole place was dead our boss let us go home early :) Love her!!!

SO I went and got my keys to my apt, moved two things in and then headed home for the farm. I was about dead by that point.

Within 10 mins of getting home i had changed into my jammies had a pony tail going and was curled up on the couch with a blankie and that is where i stayed for 4 hours. Hacking away. I was so miserable it wasn't even funny.

Thanksgiving day Mom went into town to hit up Wags since we were Moving friday and wouldn't shop. I stayed home in bed untill about 3 pm when she woke me up and told me we'd be eating within a hour. It was good to finally get some sleep. Needless to say I stayed in my jammies all day long and it was fabulous.

That night I read an entire book and that was about it!!

Friday we moved.

Saturday I finished putting stuff away and since I can't have Direct Tv at my new apt, wrong side of the building, sniff sniff, I have no tv untill Comcrap comes Tuesday so I busted out Season One of Greys Anatomy and watched half of that and then I watched 27 Dresses that evening.

Woke up today, Sunday, and was still pretty snotty and hacky, so I decided not to inflict that upon anyone at church, I hate it when people come sick and share their germs or just sit there and make noise during the service its very distracting. Pet Peeve of mine. So I stayed home and took a lovely nap this afternoon!

Now I am thinking of busting out my ipod and listening to a sermon I have been meaning to listen to for awhile and then my weekly Sunday night call to my folks. Plus some more Greys :)

Even though this week wasn't perfect it was exactly what I needed. Break from Students and Faculty a little time spent with my family, and peace in my home finally. Two weeks ago I felt like I was barely holding on by a thread, and now, even still sick, I feel revived and rejuvenated like I can make it through the end of the semester after all! I kept telling Apes last week I was just going to get the crap all out of the way in one week and then after that it was going to be smooth sailing.

Ahoy Matey :) Climb aboard!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea