Skip to main content

Recap of my busy week!

I've had a busy week, I didn't even take any pictures of myself, but here are some of what I've been up to! We had our Awana closing program Weds night and I was in charge of the Cookie-Palooza afterwards. This is only half of our cookie platters. I didn't get a picture of the finished product. It was super cute though! I had them on two long tables and had 6 flower arrangements (from Bible Study!) inbetween the platters.
I had never seen so many cookies in my entire life.



I made butterflies with the cupcakes on every single platter. I was having so much fun designing them!


The prep area, again not all of the cookies or containers by a long shot!



Thursday night I decided I wanted to clean and organize. I've been in the mood to clean all week so I started by attacking my hall closet. Thanks to my mom's coupon skills i have tons of shower and hair products, all in this big tub. It was overflowing and hard to find anything. So I got the brilliant idea to organize them in the small entertainment center in my bedroom.



And it worked perfectly! I lined them up according to product. L-R Shampoo, Body Wash, Conditioner, Hair Stylers/Hair Spray, Contact Solution with Shaving cream in front! The top shelf just has toothpaste and excedrine. I was so proud of myself!! It felt sooo good to get that organized and easy to find!



The only pictures I took of myself this week were of my feet. I got new sandals! Trying to get less flip flops and a little dressier sandals. I know you're looking at this and saying really? this is dressy? yes, yes it is! for summer at least! I got these at Kmart of all places they were BOGO. They are really comfy!


And of course I had to get them in brown as well. If I find something I like I am definately a person that gets it in multiples! Don't tell Stacy and Clinton!


The next few weeks, really the next month untill Memorial day is going to be really busy. School is ending, Final Grades are almost upon me, Lord have mercy on me, Graduation which I'm working at, April's Graduation which I'm attending :), her dinner party, Piano Lessons, Craft Night, Hair Styling, and a myriad of other events. Whew. I am tired just thinking about it!!


I also finally hung up the canvas I had done of my snugglemuffin. This is probaly my favorite picture of him because he was smiling at me as I was talking to him taking the picture. And he has his Auntie Shirt on. I love that boy! Anywho, this is our Family wall. He hadn't been added to it yet so it was time!

I don't know that I ever blogged about the drawing. I meant to but everytime I sat down to do it I started crying as I was writing it! So I will just say that my amazing SIL Liz DREW this for me for Christmas. Its my favorite picture of my beloved Grandpa, Benjamin's Middle Namesake. Its so special to me. And the picture actually is very special because it holds some wonderful memories of that afternoon. I love that my Grandpa is in my house looking at me.


I had to replace my clear lights, they died. I really prefer the clear rather than the pink there, less frat house looking. :) But you do what you have to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea