Skip to main content
So My Dad had surgery today. He is ok and is on his way home to rest and recover for the next 6+ weeks.

I valiantly tried to get a picture of him but even disabled he managed to win that fight.

Although when the anesthesiologist wanted to draw people on the bottom of his toes you'd better believe i was searching for my camera. Alas she didn't do it and I have a stinkin big purse I'm pretty sure my camera was about 6 miles away.


Anywho, I did manage to have an awkwardly funny conversation on my way to see him.

Is anyone surprised I think not.

Surgery was at 12:30 so I left early for my lunch so I could see him before he went back. I got to the Hospital and the Welcome desk had an older gentleman who was a volunteer take me back to his holding area.

The fellow mentioned he had just taken someone back to my Dad's room.

I thought that was a tad weird as Mom was allready there and we weren't expecting anyone else.

So I asked him who it was. And he said it was a younger fellow, maybe my brother?

Kev lives in Iowa and it wasn't serious enough to warrant them being there so I knew it wasn't him.

I said nooooo he's in Iowa... Was he really tall? He said he was tall enough. I was confused. I asked him how old he was and he said younger than him. Considering this man was in his 60s, I'm pretty sure this was a normal occurrence.


He said maybe it was my brother in law. I said No i don't have one.

What about a husband he asked.

Nope don't have one of those either.

Boyfriend?

Nope.

Suddenly this conversation was depressing me a bit!

So he asks me if I'm single and I say yes I am.

Then he asks me if I have a good job.

Well I work at a college I replied.

THAT'S GREAT!! he exclaimed.

Do you want to be married?? he asks

Um...... yessssss..........

THAT'S GREAT!!! He exclaims again

You have three of the qualities I look for in a woman!

You've heard of the expression "Stopping in your tracks" well that's literally what I did.

I don't know how I find these people or rather how they find me.

I guess I wasn't having as bad of a hair day as I thought I was.

Comments

LizzieB said…
Kev wants to know if you got his number...
Charity said…
Tell my dearly beloved brother that NO I did not. Because after that he held up his hand and pointed at his wedding ring and he said he didn't think he could change his wife's mind. i said that was ok as i was not really into polygamy. awkward!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea