Skip to main content

Placenta Labels

There are some things that happen that I just can't keep to myself. It physically pains me not to share the hilarity with others. What happened next is a true story of true events.

I came back from lunch Thursday, and Jessi had quite the hilarious story for me of what had happened while I was gone. As she struggled to tell me, she was almost crying she was laughing so hard, and the story only got funnier as the day went on. By the night fall when I relayed it to Bryna I threw myself into a coughing fit because I was laughing so hard. Hopefully the hilarity will translate through written word.

Rewind to 1 pm Thursday.

I walk into the office after lunch and start putting my stuff together and sit down. I always ask if anything noteworthy happened while I was gone or anything I should know about.

Jessi starts laughing and covering her mouth with her hand.

Through her laughter I finally get her to tell me what happened.

Our unnamed work study who shall hereby be called MWS, had been working on files and labels most of the morning. When I left for lunch he was having problems getting the labels printed out on our ghetto printer. So Jessi was trying to help him to get them to print properly.

So he loaded the labels into the bottom tray on our COLOR printer and hit print on his document.

Jessi said all of the sudden it got very quiet in the office.

She turned around and saw MWS standing at the printer holding his labels out far away from his body, with a pale face and what can only be described as a stunned/horrified/terrified look on his face.

She said at that point she asked him if he was ok because he did not look very good at all.

MWS just slightly shook his head.

She asked him what was wrong and very slowly he turned the sheet of labels to face her, still holding them at arm's length away from his body.

At was at this time that she saw an 8 by 11 full color of a placenta.

Seconds later one of the faculty came through the door from the work room, looked at the empty copier and said "where's my babies??!!"


I don't think Avery makes a template for that!


I still cannot believe this happened while I was at lunch. I would have paid an entire week's paycheck to see this in person.

The joys of working with health professionals.

I should probably warn MWS not to have lunch in the workroom at the same time the Nurses are eating. We might never see him again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea