Skip to main content

Stop the presses!

I know! I'm being all kinds of crazy and blogging on a Monday, with no pictures! Whoooo!!! Clearly I have went off the deep end. But I figured the 3 people who are still reading my blog might need a little shake up.

Things are going well in Cherrybear-land. The weather is gorgeous, life is going fairly smoothly, and I'm learning to trust in God and his perfect timing. Well, trying to at least!

I don't think I blogged about it, but I finally have a home to move to in July! My lease on my apt that I have been at for 4 1/2 years is up and since I'm basically disgusted with the management and bursting at the seams I decided to move.

After much stress and duress I finally found a townhome that I really like that fits into my budget! YAYS!! The only thing it doesn't have is a garage, but for the price and the niceness of it, a garage I can live without!! So I am super excited about that and super relieved to be done home hunting. Talk about stress.

Now that I know where i'm going I have been gearing up to move in a few months by cleaning out my apt. Selling furniture that I don't really like or use and generally just getting rid of stuff. Ahhh it's a wonderful feeling!! And considering we have to move everything down from the third floor, yes, getting rid of stuff is a GOOD idea.

Piano lessons continue to be the light of my week. I have 5 students now and I'm continuously amazed by their skills. They pick it up so much quicker than I did when I started. I am so proud of all of my students!!

(This is beginning to sound like a Christmas letter....)

Bible study is ending soon, which makes me sad.  I haven't been able to go every week with being sick this semester so that is a bummer. The fellowship and encouragement I get from those ladies and the word is just priceless.

I have jumped on the Mars Hill/Mark Driscoll bandwagon, thanks to the Bergs. I found out that I have a channel on my Roku that I can actually watch his sermons on! I was pretty stoked about that. So the Sundays when I'm not feeling well enough to go to church, which sadly is many, I hang out with the Mars Hill folks. 

I'm really looking forward to Easter. It's a very special time for me each year, remembering how God brought me out of my sin and showed me his deep, deep love for me. Easter week is a very sacred time for me, leading up to Good Friday. I have this intense anticipation all week until Good Friday. Until that day, where he laid it all down. for me. and you! I love going to our Good Friday Service at church because it really focuses on the cross. In that dark room, you really feel like you are just with Jesus at the cross.  And it's real. It's so real you can almost feel the nails going in and hear the hammer, and smell the sweat. It's real people. And it's really, amazingly awesome what he did for us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea