Skip to main content

Tidbits

I just think this is genius and so awesome! I've had this problem of using up my powder but yet still having "The Ring" as I call it. I began to wonder if I could somehow recycle it and use the rest. With a little bit of googling I discovered YES I can!! It's really easy too! 

Just take a butter knife and lightly touch the powder and cut it up into well, powder!!!! Do it for each of your compacts and then pour all of the powder into one compact. Pat it down with the knife until it's packed solid and then take a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol and pour it on. I used just the cap and that was enough for me. You want it all to be wet but you don't want it to be liquid. Pat it down again with the knife and let it dry open for 4 hours and VOILA!! More Powder! It looks kind of funky in the compact but trust me it goes on and covers just the same! I did this with 4 compacts this week and got TWO FULL compacts back! I was so happy! I use BeautiControl Powder and while it's good stuff it's more than the drugstore brand, so imagine my excitement when I realized I could get all of my money's worth out of it and then some. And again, it was SUPER EASY!!

It's a very rainy Labor Day weekend here in the Midwest. Isaac is hitting us and i have to say I'm a little disappointed. I thought there was going to be more thunder and storms, and while it's raining it's still light outside half the time. Totally kills the rainy day gloomy-ness that I like!

I just ordered my bedding online from Macy's thanks to their two day sale! I'm excited that my bedroom will finally be finished and even more excited at the deal I got! Pays to be patient!

Tomorrow I am sleeping in, duh, teaching a Piano lesson at 3:45 and then heading to the Boz house for a cookout with the whole family! I'm excited! (how many times can I say that in one blog post?) The Boz are like my other family, as evidenced that this is the second holiday in a row that I'm spending with them. What can I say? They are good peeps. I'm kind of a fan!

And now I hear the timer in the kitchen dinging that my Chocolate Death brownies are done for tomorrow!

Happy Labor Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea