Skip to main content

Life around these parts..

So it's been an off sort of a week around here.

Monday during my second lesson of the afternoon I was struck with sickness out of nowhere. That wasn't embarrassing at all. I spent the remainder of my afternoon/evening trying not to get sick again and figure out what was wrong with me! I really thought maybe I had food poisoning as I had eaten not too long before I got sick. But Tuesday I was still feeling sick, and was very tired and achy. So I spent Tuesday on my couch and in my bed.

Apparently I am not the only one this is hitting as some of my students today have cancelled due to sickness. I am very much looking forward to summer and not having so many germs around. It's been a rough winter for sicknesses.

I'm still adjusting to life as a Piano Teacher full time. My schedule changes somewhat each week, with missed lessons and make up lessons, and people moving their spots. So I don't really have a standard week per say.

I'm really excited about spring and summer coming and being able to go outside and enjoy the weather, now that I'm not stuck in an office and actually have free time!

It's so weird having free time. Like this afternoon, I have a 4 hour break in between students, so I watched a movie on Netflix. I hardly ever watch movies, much less during the day! It's kind of weird but it's also kind of nice!

I've learned that I really like grocery shopping and just walking around Target during the day. There aren't tons of people there, and those who are there are SAHM's and their kids. It's nice not having to compete with the after work crowd for groceries.

I'm still getting used to the wardrobe change as well. After 6+ years of full time office work I had little to no casual clothing. Don't even get me started on the lack of shorts and warm weather clothes. So i'm trying to get some casual clothing and re-figure out my style now that I'm in a casual setting.

Last week I got 3 colored t-shirts at Target and it was the first time i've bought t-shirts like that in probably 8 years? I still don't have enough jeans for the week. Still trying to work on that.

It's a fun change, but it's definitely a change!

My church is doing a 21 day no complaining challenge. It was very difficult at first, re-learning how to talk without complaining! I have learned alot about myself and what I struggle with. However, I am really seeing the rewards of not complaining! I have a much better attitude, even while driving! In the interest of being honest, Tuesday night I did complain because I was sick.

It's been interesting to see how many people use social media to complain! Especially with our weather situation. It's Indiana in March. Anything can happen! Last week it was in the 60's, and now on Sunday-Monday we're getting several inches of snow. For some reason I think this is absolutely hilarious! It just cracks me up! Winter will not last forever, it will be warm soon and then people will complain about it being too hot. So I am just going to try and enjoy every day that God gives us, and find something good about it to be grateful for!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea