Skip to main content

wwiw-The Struggling Edition

 I only have a few outfits this week, as most of my time has been spent in my pjs on the couch battling the fever virus my student gave to me. Here I am Monday. I had planned to teach that afternoon, as my fever had been down in the am, but after showering and getting ready I was wiped out and my fever was up again.  I did manage to teach my late evening lesson by the grace of God and lots of medicine!!
 Here I am Tuesday. We are in the midst of a Winter Storm and I celebrated the fact that I'm a Piano teacher and don't have to go out in nasty weather by wearing my new favorite skirt! I would like to say that in real life the sweater matched the skirt perfectly. But in pictures in appears pink. I swear it's not.
I told my friends I felt like Punky Brewster. I was proud of myself for mixing patterns, my shirt is actually white with small black polka dots. And adding a turquoise necklace instead of the matching purple one I had picked out. Not totally sure if it worked, but at least I tried! And yes, I'm aware I was having a bad hair day. Not too long after these pics the hair went up into a pony tail.

I taught for an hour and a half straight and in that time 1.9 inches of snow fell!! Because I had one more piano student for the night, I decided to clean off my porch and my neighbors (we share it) with my ice scraper for my truck. I'm such a nice neighbor:)

 And here we are today. I'm having an egregious hair day and I have no eye liner on. Be glad i'm not in my sweats!!!
I'm not really sure whats going on with my foot here. I guess this is what happens when you change the side that you put your hand on your hip and pop your leg! Bless my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...