Skip to main content

wwiw



So here we have Thursday's look. Thursday was a day full of running around and errands. I went casual with an old navy t, a blue t shirt scarf my mom made me, jeans, and my fake uggs.


I remembered while running around why I hate wearing socks and shoes! I got SO HOT! I felt like I was burning up! First thing I did upon arriving back home was TAKE OFF THE SHOES AND SOCKS!!

One of my errands was exchanging a pair of jeans at Old Navy, and much to my distaste that involved trying several pairs of jeans on. What I learned. I am not made for skinny jeans. And, trying on said skinny jeans also makes you very hot. It does not help if you do not have good coordination to start with. Yes, I fell down in the dressing room. It wasn't pretty. Neither was my hair after I got done. I was so hot from the jeans experience that I put it up into a pony tail and looked pretty egregious by the time I arrived home. So I did what I do only maybe 3 times a year. I straightened my hair. I figured I was allready hot and sweaty, might as well straighten my hair! I couldn't believe how long it was. I'm getting it cut on Tuesday so it was a nice final shebang!

Friday was my Birthday Party dinner, I wore my new old navy jeans that i sweated for and a new old navy top i had bought several weeks ago for my party! I felt like such a cool blogger when i figured out a rig for my camera outside. I'm sure the neighbors wondered what I was doing out there but hey. Yes that is snow on the ground. We got 5 inches on Tuesday and by Friday it was in the 40's and melting. On Sunday we hit 70. Welcome to Indiana!!

 Here we are Monday. I tried a look from puttingmetogether.com a great blog I found of a worship leader in Cali. She rolls of her pants to give them a new look and rolls up her cardigans and sleeves as well. I thought it made my outfit look a bit more interesting. I wish I had a different cardi other than the white one but it worked.
It was a wee bit chilly outside that day! I would say more but my church is doing a 21 day no complaining challenge! and it's a CHALLENGE!!!

I have no outfit pics from Tuesday as I wore my old school Drew Brees Purdue Jersey and leggings. :) Stay tuned for my haircut transformation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...