Skip to main content

Goodbye, My Friend

Dear Sue

When I found out that you were sick I wanted to write you a note to tell you what a huge impact you have had on my life. I didn't know how much time you had left on this earth and felt silly doing it then. Now I have waited too long to tell you, but I am still writing this letter so that your husband and family can know what a wonderful person that you were to me and how much I truly loved you!

I struggled finding a word that would fit the place and role that you have played in my life. Friend seemed to not convey the closeness that we have had. To me, and to my family, you have always been family to us. It’s a known fact that when our family had exciting news we would always compete to see who could reach you first, because we all wanted to be the one to tell you!  I usually won out since I live here in town and could call you in the morning at work, but I will tell you that my Mom and Dad, particularly my Dad! Always gave me a run for my money! Whenever anything worth telling happened in my life you were always in the top two people that I couldn't wait to share it with.

You have been my champion, my cheerleader, my support and my prayer warrior through so many things in my life, and I thank you for that. You truly have been so special to me and I have cherished the relationship that we have had. As much as I could I would try to schedule my apts at Dr R’s at a time when I could come a little early and not have plans right afterwards, because I always wanted to chat and catch up with you.  I will miss that so much!

I think most of all I will miss your laugh. It took over your entire body. I can hear it now as I picture you in my mind. Your head would always lean back and your eyes would almost close in glee as you laughed this adorable laugh, your feet, which were pretty much never touching the floor, would often click together, and you would alternate clapping your hands or tapping your fingers together. At the very end of your laugh, especially if you were really laughing and couldn't stop, you would have this end laugh that went a little like "ohh hooo hooooo". I think it was because you were laughing so hard that you couldn't catch your breath! It was infectious, and if I was in a bad mood, just seeing you laugh and the way it took over your whole body, could instantly put me in a better mood.

You really have been like family to me. You know that we have an extremely small family, since my Dad’s side is not saved and does not speak to us. You and Dr R have honestly filled that spot of family to me. I’ve known you both as long as I can remember, and count you as important and loved people in my life. I have seen you two more often than most of my friends! People think I’m strange when I have said that I had a Dr apt and was excited and leaving early for it so I could talk to my friends. But that’s what you are, my friends, my family.

Mostly I am thankful for your Godly influence on my life. I strayed away from God for awhile and I know for a fact that you were praying for me the entire time. You have been such a prayer warrior for me, for whatever problems or struggles I was having, I was always able to share them with you and you prayed for me, and you always gave me very Godly advice. I so appreciate that. To you, your job wasn't a job, it was a ministry, and that had a huge effect on me. Not just for your ministry to me, but I have tried to model myself after that in my jobs and now as I own my own business teaching Piano. I am trying to put in practice what you lived, that your job and life is a Ministry and should point people to Christ. You were a wonderful friend Sue, and you pointed me to Christ in everything you did.

Well done thy good and faithful servant.

I will see you in Heaven soon my friend.

With Love

Charity

Comments

lori said…
such a sweet letter... but so sorry for your loss!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea