Skip to main content

Soooooo today didn't exactly go as planned....


Today I learned that if you ever want to be seen quickly at the ER, all you have to do is walk in and tell them your legs and ankles are swollen and you're feeling short of breath. Within three minutes you'll find yourself in a wheel chair being taken back to your own room.

Long story short, last night my ankles started swelling to massive proportions. This morning they were still swollen as were my entire legs, part of my back and arms. After discussing it with my Dr, it was decided that I should go to the ER.

So I drove myself.

Yes, Yes I did! not the first time either, and most likely won't be the last!

I spent a lovely 5 ish hours at my favorite hospital.

After being taken back to my room I had an EKG, heart checked out great, then blood work. After my blood work things really heated up as My D-Dimer (i think) was off the charts high. The ER Doc nonchalantly came in and told me this and that it meant that I had blood clots in my legs or lungs, or possibly both. And that we were going to do an ultrasound of my legs and then a contrast CAT scan of my lungs to figure out where they were all at.

um. I'm sorry what? I'm 31! How in the world would I have blood clots? I was inwardly freaking out right then, and she is still nonchalantly talking like this happens all the time, and telling me about the shots I'll have to do in my belly (Nearly had a heart attack on that one. She doesn't know how very close I was to passing out at that moment) and then take medicine long term ect ect ect.

While this is all going on I'm at the hospital alone, trying to recite a verse to myself over and over to calm myself down. I waited for the tests to be ran while I texted my friends and my mom, so thankful for my phone being one of the rare ones that gets reception in the ER. Thank you Lord!!

At this point I have to say how grateful I am for my wonderful friends. Emboz was out of state on vacation and worried about me, so much that she called Jboz and sent her to find me at the hospital to sit with me. That pretty much made me want to bawl. Such love from both of them!

My Audra went home from work, met her hubby who has been gone on business all week, and was going to give up her precious time with him to come see me. That meant so much to me. I can't even tell you.

And of course my Katie Marie who I can always count on in times of trouble, sauntered right into my hospital room after I returned from my final test. I was so happy to have her with me waiting for the results. She was a great distraction!

I thought I was handling things not freaking out, but she will tell you that my voice was several octaves higher than it normally is!!

And I cannot leave out all of my other friends who were texting me, and having their friends and small groups pray for me. I truly believe in the power of Prayer and that God had heal people and protect them. And I believe he did that for me.

As Katie Marie and I were waiting, the DR finally came in and low and behold I have NO blood clots! ZERO! My heart, my lungs, legs, all of it looked perfect! It turns out that I am one of a very rare few people in the world whose normal level of the D-Dimer is actually high. Much higher than the rest of the world. Doesn't mean that anything is wrong, just means that's how God made me.

I really wish she would have mentioned that when she came in and said hey you have blood clots, and started going into the whole shots and medicine, ect ect. But I guess it is so rare that people have the higher elevation without blood clots.

I like to be the exception to the rule.

Clearly.

So thousands of dollars of tests later, one near heart attack, one unexplained fever, 2 leg ultrasounds (pictured above), one Warm Contrast CAT Scan, one IV (no I didn't cry), several vials of blood and some urine later.. and NO hospital cup later (i was really upset about that) I was sent home.

The kicker is she said there is no medical reason for my leg swelling. But there is nothing to be worried about with it. So that is good.

So thankful that I am OK and that I don't have anything life threatening, and hallelujah, NO NEEDLES AND SHOTS!

The worst part about the whole ordeal, well other than the not getting the awesome hospital cup, was when I arrived and told them my symptoms and they were flurrying around. The front desk guy called someone and was telling them about me and said I was an adult woman in her 30's. And he had to repeat it several times. I was highly offended. I really wanted to say EXCUSE ME??!!!! I am 31 THANKYOUVERYMUCH not 30's! I realize that I was unshowered and had no makeup and my hair in a questionable pony tail, but really was it necessary to hit me while I'm down?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t