Skip to main content

Weekend Wrap-Up

 I had a lovely weekend! Sunday I was really excited as the former American Idol contestant, Joanna Beasley, was at my church to lead worship! I go to a church that is one church-with multiple locations. Typically we have a video of our Lead Pastor Steve Poe preaching on the big screen, and each campus has their own worship. The main campus is Carmel is super big, so all of the special guests usually go there. So we miss out alot at our small campus here in Lafayette! 

Our worship leader just left to be a pastor in MO, so we've had a variety of fill in's while we try to fill his place. Well today Joanna Beasley just happened to be our fill in! And a pretty awesome one at that! She has a beautiful voice and was super nice and so easy to talk to! I  asked her for a picture as she was walking by and complimented me on my purse. So we took a picture and chatted and she was just a nice normal person!

 After church I hurried back to my house, good thing I live only a few mins away! Downed a sandwich really fast and shimmied into my bathing suit! I spent a glorious 3 hours at the pool! It was BEAUTIFUL outside!! I plugged my earbuds in and rocked out to some Florida Georgia Line while I tanned.

I posted this pic on fb and said i was trying to get some color. I did get alot of color. Just not the color I was planning on.
 I finally made myself lay on my stomach (I hate doing that!) and tan my back and the back of my legs. The small tan I have had has had a line stopping at the whiteness of my back legs. Bless my heart.

I had planned on staying for maybe 2 hours. Well after 2 hours I hopped in the wading pool to cool off and refresh myself before I went back to my house. Well then a little boy with special needs came over and we started playing and splashing eachother and he was just giggling and giggling. It was the sweetest sound! He was having the time of his life! And I just couldn't stop that for him! So we played for an hour and then his Dad was taking him home. I looked at my arms and chest and realized I was red, and hoofed it home. Albeit a bit too late. It was worth it though!
This weekend, Friday night actually, I posted some stuff on Craigslist and another site. When I got up saturday I had a message from a lady wanting to buy my coffee table set that i've been trying to get rid of for a year! I sold that Saturday, and Sunday evening I drove over to a meeting spot and sold 11 purses, again that i've had since i moved here, to another lady. I snapped this picture of the sun beams as I was sitting in line at Wendy's for s Frosty cone. Which btw was very yummy!
This picture was taken early in the evening. As I write this right now i am MUCH MUCH redder than this pic. And yes, it HURTS!
 I basically look like I'm wearing a red turtleneck. Since I went to church before the pool I had my makeup on, which has SPF in it. So my face is as white as it always is, and the rest of me is burnt. I don't know why but it really amuses me! I struggle.
My poor pink legs. They are red now. I need to work more on tanning my feet apparently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea