Skip to main content

April's Visit and the Recital that wasn't..

So for months I have been planning to hold my studio's recital this past Saturday the 14'th. Invites went out. Programs were designed. A venue was found. Students practiced. And practiced. And practiced some more. Plans were made for April to come to IN and stay with me to help out the day of the Recital and be moral support, and also rejoice with me!

April arrived late Friday afternoon.

About 2 1/2 hours after April arrived, so did the snowstorm.

I stayed up super late Friday night trying to gauge how much snow we were going to get, and whether we should call off the recital. I got up early Saturday, snow is covering everything, and still coming down. Parents were worried, I was worried. Around 9:30 I decided it was in the best interests to cancel it and reschedule for a later date. I didn't want to put anyone in harm's way, and just didn't feel good about all of us being on the road out in the mess.

I am very happy I made that call. It only got worse as the morning and the afternoon went on. Around 12:30, which incidentally was the time everyone would have been heading to the recital, April and I decided to go out and look for ourselves to see how it was, and run to the bank. Within not even two minutes of getting on the road, I knew I had made the right decision. It was really nasty outside. Some of the well traveled roads were not super horrible, but others were really nasty. Could we all have made it there? Possibly. The risk of one or more of us being in an accident was huge. I was so thankful that I had cancelled it.

 We went thru the bank drive thru, and I took this picture to prove we had been out. April was making fun of me for doing so, but you can see how even the parking lot was covered in snow.

After the bank we decided to run to Meijer. Yes, we are THOSE people. Or rather I am. Normally I would not go out at all, but I had coupons expiring that day for 2 christmas presents I had ordered and really wanted to use them. I was so happy that I did, because when the cashier was ringing me up, the items were on sale so i paid.. get this.. brace yourself. a penny. yes. you read that right! I paid a penny a piece for them! I was shocked! After Christmas I will show you what I am referring to :)

Starbucks is right by Meijer so we grabbed ourselves some Peppermint Mochas before we slowly and i mean slowly, made our way back to my house. The whole thing took over an hour and a half. Crazy.
 Then we decided to have a little snow photo shoot in our pj's outside! Yes, the only pictures we got of ourselves over the weekend we are both wearing pjs, no makeup, and pants tucked into boots. And yet, we still take a darn good self portrait if I do say so myself!!
 I mean isn't she just precious? Look at her hair blowing in the wind! So purdy!
 And then there's me.... :)
 This is my view outside my back door. Not a bad view if I do say so!
 Warm toes inside!
A very Christmas like view while I work! Love it!!

Thanks April for coming for my non happening recital and being snowed in with me!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t