Skip to main content

Christmas Tour

 Brace yourselves for a huge picture overload! And consider yourself lucky that I did not take pictures of all of my decorations! I wish I had gotten pics of my nativities that I got from my Grams. they are so pretty and filled with memories! Anywho, we start off in my favorite room, the Piano Studio! Alongside the piano is my mini piano tree. It holds all of the ornaments that i make each year for my students, along with some silver and red dollar spot target finds.
 It's just so festive! It looks SO pretty at night time!
 Right by the tree on the wall I decided my music notes needed some decoration as well!
 This looks cuter in person! ha! Sly is sitting on the spare Piano stool, I've got colored lights hanging on the wall of fame, and of course, my humidifier with bleach water. #killallthegerms
 I forgot to take a picture of the top of my armoire until Christmas Party in your lesson week, hence the plates of cookies and goodness. They are not normally there :)
 I like all of my little trees and I LOVE my little caroling kids wind up singing thingy. It was my Grams and I have fun memories of it! I love having some of her decorations and incorporating them into my home. It makes me feel like she is here and just makes me smile.
 This area is not so cute but oh well! The light up snowman is another one of my Grams. It would always be off when I would walk in, and I would walk straight over to it on the kitchen counter, and push back his broom and watch it light up. 32 years of this :) 
 This was my Grams as well, three musical angels! I have it sitting on top of my piano.
 Now off to the living room! A festive Snowman standing on top of the magazine rack.
 On top of my entertainment center are some more snowmen. Hanging on the door is my work stocking I have had for 8? years!
 Greeting people as they walk in is my Lumberjack Moose. He was holding a take your shoes off sign, but people kept running into him and my sign would fall down :(
 Right beside the front door is a little scene that my Grams crafted years ago.
 Snowman rug out for people to put their shoes on. A small red sleigh which is holding the previously mentioned take your shoes off sign. And my tree!!
 Ahhh!! Pretty tree! I have large sparkly ornament balls hanging from the pulls on my ceiling light/fan. And in the corner i have a few light up village pieces of my Grams that have special meaning/memories to them.
 Above my couch I have family pictures mixed in with some Christmas pieces. A picture of Bethlehem ( on the far right) a tree, an angel, some more sparkly ornaments and a snowman.
 This may be one of my favorite pieces! This Angel tree topper is VINTAGE, like 1950's/60's vintage and was my grandparents All of my memories of their tree had this angel on it! When it was time to decorate for Christmas i knew I HAD to find the angel topper! Thankfully when I was home at Thanksgiving and looking through my Grams stuff I found this girl, and yes, i hugged the box. I was so happy to find her!!!!
 My little village pieces in the corner.
 Shot of all the presents before i packed them up! I was glad I was done teaching as it was getting a little bit crowded!!


 I waited until the last minute, LITERALLY minutes before I was supposed to be loading up my truck to take my in front of my tree pictures. Hence the somewhat awkward poses.  And yes, I have bare feet because it was stinking 53 degrees in December in Indiana. Crazy.
So there you have it! My First Christmas in my house! I didn't get pictures of all my decorations and rooms, but it was very festive! I love it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea