Skip to main content

Christmas Day Recap

Brace yourself for an Under-Whelming amount of Christmas Day pictures. I don't know what my problem was, but I barely took any pictures! In fact, I took so little pictures that I didn't even get one of my Mom. I promise you though, she was there, and she enjoyed Christmas :)

 Even my yearly picture by the tree pictures struggled. I really only got these two good pics. I blame this on my Grams being in Heaven. She was the one that usually took them, and she was a lovely and WILLING photographer. She never complained about taking more pics or me changing my pose. Unlike some people whom I will not mention. So basically I either need to get a selfie stick or get myself another relative who loves me.
 See, struggling!
 Dad reading from Luke 2. Now if you have read this blog, and ever read a Christmas recap you know that my favorite part of Christmas is my Dad reading Luke 2! He always reads past Baby Jesus, one year we made it to the Death, Burial and Resurrection. And i love it! It's always entertaining to see how far into Luke he will read until he realizes that we are grinning and giggling.

And it's awesome to see how much my Dad loves scripture that he will get so caught up in it and just read and read. 

That being said. I am upset with my Dad. This year do you know how far he read?  To Luke 2:14. That's right, ONLY 14 VERSES! I mean seriously! He quit and I said You're not done yet! Jesus hasn't been to the temple yet! He hasn't met Simeon! (I called him Enoch, but I meant Simeon) Simeon makes an appearance EVERY YEAR. I was quite upset. I still feel a little gypped. Not cool Dad, not cool.
 Thanks to my slow camera I missed him tapping the top of Mom's head with his gift.


So as we were opening Presents my Dad got up, walked to the tree and then began pushing this large and heavy sounding thing, that was covered with a christmas tablecloth. He pushed it all the way into the room we were in. And then grabbed the corner of the tablecloth, and looked at me expectantly, to pull it off in a whoosh. I had NO CLUE what was going on! ha! When he went to pull it off, I actually leaned back! I was scared for some unknown reason!  Much to my surprise he pulled it off and it was a super cute storage ottoman!!!! I have been wanting one for some time. I keep the toys for my waiting students/siblings in my living room. They have been in a trunk that was doing dual purpose as a coffee table, but it wasn't super nice and you couldn't sit on it. (even though they tried that, and standing. yikes) So I was STOKED to get this nice thing!
 Look how pretty! And apparently i need to clean my camera!
 And inside were more presents!!!!!!! This was one of my FAVORITE gifts I got this year! I have loved using it and it's sooo much more comfy to prop my feet up on than my old trunk!
 Don't get excited. I took this picture to show off my Grandma's rings and how nice they looked with my festive red nails and then thought, oh great, can't show this on fb, people will think I finally found a man. No Worries. Still no Men, just a very nice manicure and my Grams rings. AND, a LAMINATOR! Do you see it there on the floor? You know you're a teacher when you 1. Ask for a Laminator for Christmas and 2. Go wild and crazy with excitement when you see you got one as a gift!!!

 Another reason I didn't take many pics on Christmas Day. After presents and dinner I ditched the cute clothes and changed into my comfy t shirt and...
Leggings. That's right people, keepin it classy. My Parents have wood heat and let's just say it got a wee bit toasty at their house over my stay. Saturday I thought my SIL and myself were going to dissolve into sweat puddles. So. HOT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea