Skip to main content

Allergy Shots

To say I have had a busy summer is putting it lightly. I am not a fan of cold weather or snow, but I was happy when school started and even happier when September 1'st rolled around. 

Granted today is the hottest day of the year at 94 degrees and I feel like I am sweating in the ac. Minor Detail.

Part of my busy summer were my Allergy Shots. Earlier this year I got tested and discovered the reason I had a sinus and ear infection from Sept- Feb was because of my Allergies. In March I started allergy shots at my former ENT's, with a not nice allergy lady who made me leave crying after my first apt. I learned how to do my own shots and did them at my house once a week. I was not that good at giving myself shots and had huge bruise spots on my arms, and then on my stomach.

When I went back to the office to get another batch of medicine, my insurance had changed and they refused to see me. I left the office again in tears and raced home to get on my insurance's website to find a new Dr. I called the first person on the list, who just happened to be the FABULOUS Dr Sheth at Lafayette Allergy Clinic. When I called I was understandably stressed and worried, and the receptionist and nurse I spoke to were both SO nice to be, and went so out of their way to find me an apt time and make sure I got the right kind of apt. (Having been thru testing before I didn't need to go thru it again) Their kindness and helpfulness left me in tears again, and really excited for my apt the following week.

My apt did not disappoint and I have been very happy with the care and help they have given me! They gave me a very clear treatment place, which was great. I had the option to do shots once a week or twice a week and I opted for twice a week so that I could hit my maintenance level of shots before the fall and winter hit. 

So Every Monday and Thursday all summer long, have found me at the dr's office getting my shot. Even though I had learned how to do shots at home by the former allergist, I wasn't great at them, and don't love needles, so I was not bothered AT ALL by the fact that my new dr had me do shots in the office.

Today marked my last twice weekly shot! YAY!! I told the nurse on Monday that we would have to take a picture of the last shot and she was totally game. Thankfully I had her again today, so she already knew my crazy plan to document my last weekly shot :) Another sign of a great staff, they let me commemorate the moment! ha! They also gave me a shirt which was just icing on the cake!

So now I will go every 2 weeks to have a shot, and I am very excited about that! It will be nice not to have to rush over to the dr's before lessons.

I am really glad I found out that I'm allergic to basically everything, and started shots. Even though I still can't mow my own yard, and get stuffy and sneezy around cats (don't like them anyway!) and after being outside for a while. I can tell a huge difference in how I breathe and feel.

Case in point, one of my students gave me the cold that is going around. After a few days it turned into a sinus and ear infection. Last year, before Allergy shots, I would get sick like this and be one several rounds of antibiotics (we're talking at least a MONTH) before I would get rid of the sickness. Only to have it come back again. This time, I was on antibiotics for 10 days and just so happened to have an apt with Dr Sheth the final day and he confirmed, NO sign of infection! THIS IS HUGE!


I spent all of last fall and winter sick with my sinuses and feeling terrible. I am SO thankful that I will hopefully not have to deal with that, or at least very much lessen the severity of them!

So in closing- Allergy Shots-GREAT. Dr Sheth & Nurses-Sent from Heaven!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea