Skip to main content

Audra's Merry Birthday Christmas!

It's New Year's Eve and I am working on getting caught up with blogging all of the latest happenings during this Holiday Season. I figured I would start with the most recent and blog about Audra's Birthday/Christmas Dinner Celebration!

Her Birthday falls right before Christmas, so we always combine our celebrations into one dinner. This year we did it after Christmas, after I got back from the Farm.

Attempting to get decent pictures with a 10 month old. Well.. Let's let the pictures do the talking..


 She smiles but her eyes are closed.


 She looks at me.
 She looks down. And so on! Our Selfie game was NOT working that night!
 Time for presents! Actually Addie just wanted to clear the presents off of the coffee table. Apparently she likes a clean table.

 Opening presents. Ok, next year I will go with a gift bag for her. Ripping off the paper was a little bit of a struggle. Made worse by the fact that it was THICK paper.
 Cub Cubs was opening his present, which was by far WAY more interesting than Addie's present. So she crawled over to investigate.
 Whatcha got there brother?
 A Dog bone! I need a dog bone!! No Addie Jane, you do NOT!
 Momma had to help her open her presents.
 I think this picture is so sweet! Audra is reading her one of the books I got her, and she's standing up holding onto her Momma. Precious.

 I got to my last present and realized we forgot to take our pictures with our presents! Whoops! Isn't Audra's mantle in the background gorgeous? She is such a good decorator!
 And now the struggle to get our yearly tree picture ensues.
 This one isn't bad, despite the fact that I think Addie is blowing a Raspberry :)

 Now she's just laughing at me. "You think you're going to get a Pinterest worthy picture of us and the tree. Not tonight!! Muahahaha"

 Thankfully this year Audra's hubby was home, so we texted him to come downstairs and take our picture in front of the tree. A Self timer just wasn't going to do the trick with a 10 month old and a doggy! I can't even tell you the hilarity (to me) that ensued. 

Addie Jane was sleepy, so she wasn't her normally smiley self. Sitting on Momma's lap was just TOO MUCH for her. How dare we want to hold her still? Everytime her Daddy would get her to smile, then Cubbie would decide he wanted in the picture and photobomb us. We'd try to get him to sit down and be in the picture and then half of his body would be in it. it was an epic fail. And I thought it was hilarious. (I might have been the only one :) ) But seriously, it was funny! I told Ryan to take a picture when Addie was fussing, I think crying baby pictures are funny and we might as well remember what was REALLY going on. v.s the perfect pinterest we always want people to see.

 I can remember last Christmas when Audra was pregnant and us talking about how much different Christmas would be the next year, and how it would be so crazy to have another person in our Christmas pictures. So it might have taken a crazy long time to get one slightly passable picture.  And there might have been sweat and tears involved, but it was perfectly imperfect. I am so thankful for that little booger who didn't want to sit still and have her picture taken. I'm so thankful there is a little person that we had to work hard to get a  picture with. I'm thankful there is a little person to be in a picture!
Also hilarious, Cubbies face! 


 
 I have this white and gold watch that I got YEARS ago at Target. Audra loves it. She has tried to find one like it but to no avail. I found one that was close to mine, only white and silver, and immediately ordered it, I knew it would make a perfect gift for her!  We had to take a picture of our almost matching watches, and of course had to get the cutest little hand in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea