Skip to main content

Lately...


 Life Lately has been in a word.. Crazy. Insane. Exhausting. BUSY. Oh wait, that was more than one word. Well you get the point! From the middle to end of November it has been non stop busyiness for me. It's the most wonderful time of the year, but also the busiest for a Musician! One wedding, two solo concerts, and my Studio's Christmas recital, in the span of about 3 and 1/2 weeks. Sweet Nibbletts!  Here is a peek inside the madness....

 The first event in November was a Wedding I was playing at. I haven't played at a wedding in several years. I used to do TONS of weddings back in college days to earn money. however it had been awhile since I had played for one. So I said sure why not! I was so nervous that I would get sick before hand. I was exposed to the stomach flu not once, but twice by students that week, and I spent my time praying I'd stay well and taking all the vitamins I could handle. thankfully I did not succomb to the flu! But I was having the start of what turned into a  terrible sinus infection. I digress.

I woke up the morning of the wedding, healthy and happy. And then.. my power went out.. and stayed off until 20 mins before I needed to leave. Which meant no shower and washing my mess of hair. Thankfully some bobby pins and a LOT of hairspray calmed it down a little.
 Since I had no power and seemingly nothing to do in my 1994 pre internet world, I decided to decorate the top half of my tree with my breakable ornaments, i.e. the ones I don't let my students put up.
 I was pretty excited to play on a baby grand piano, not gonna lie! It was nice, the seat was REALLY nice, hello padded piano bench! But after almost 2 hours of playing on it I cam to the conclusion I liked the touch and tone of my piano better.
 These shots are all after the wedding but give you an idea of the set up. Thankfully I had 6 bridesmaids standing in front of me, but during the prelude and postlude I was on full display. Eeks. The only bad thing about having 6 bridesmaids in front of you, is not being able to see the door where the bride is coming through. I had to lean to the side and hunker down (almost falling off the bench) to look through legs to find the door and know when to play.  #PianistProblems
 Also taken after the wedding. My face is happy that it went well! During the wedding I escaped thru the pink curtains above, and stood behind them backstage while the couple got married. And I mean STOOD. It was an old building with super creaky wood floors. I legit stood in one place and did not move in fear of everyone hearing.
It was slightly dark back there with only one single light bulb.

 The day before Thanksgiving I got to have a Skype lunch date with both of my nephews! It's so weird to say Nephews, I am so used to saying My Nephew and now I have to distinguish between the big and little! They are both the cutest little boys EVER!! Not that I'm biased at all.....
 The week after Thanksgiving found me at another Piano, playing for a Christmas Dinner. Have Piano, will entertain.
 The Piano I was playing on just so happened to be the Piano my students would be playing on the following week for our Christmas Recital, so I made sure to snap some extra pics of it for the first time Recital Students.
This week it was abnormally warm for the midwest in December. We're talking 50's and 60's! It was so warm that one day I taught with the window open. And as i'm finishing up this blog post on my couch, I have my living room window open as well! Weird, but I'm not complaining about the lack of snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea