Skip to main content

19/52

 Another week down and it seems to be Officially Summer around here. I had to turn my a/c on today because I was HOT!! but let's back up to last week shall we? Monday evening I got done with lessons and after going to the library I came back home and walked some laps in my backyard. I am too chicken to walk alone around my neighborhood. (Someone might kidnap me!!) And I have a large back yard, so I put my ear buds in and walked away!!
 It was beautiful and I forgot about how hilly my backyard is, so my legs got a workout!
 After I walked a few songs I did my own version of yoga? pilates? I don't know. I can just tell you my legs were burning!
 Monday was a happy mail day because one of my VERY FAVORITE authors, has a new book in her series and it arrived for me to review! Not going to lie I finished it in less than 24 hours and it was 400 some pages long. Stay tuned for a review!!
 Weds my eyes were super itchy, and I just had to go with glasses all day. Nerdy, but comfortable.
 By the end of the day I was feeling cranky, so I heated up an already made cupcake, added some ice cream, and suddenly life was worth living yet again.

 Thursday I did a day in the life blog post, stay tuned for that as well! And the morning started off with a fire truck and ambulance at my neighbors house two doors down. And since I have nephews I would have taken pictures even if I wasn't doing a day in the life post!
 The contacts were back in and it was cooler again. Crazy weather! Here I am right before teaching two Skype lessons back to back.
 Thursdays are really busy and long. and after I got done teaching, I was tired, and kind of cranky again. I hadn't been outside all day and I just wanted some fresh air!! So once again I headed out to my backyard to listen to some music and walk some laps.
 Friday it was GORGEOUS!! Windows open, shorts and flip flops on gorgeous!! I had to add some color my outfit for the day.
 All day Friday I was counting down the hours until I was done with work and could go outside! Last Summer I started going out to my backyard on Friday nights, reading magazines, listening to music, or silence, and just un plugging and relaxing. I have really missed it since last summer so I was super excited for my first Friday night of relaxation for the year!!

 Alas I was not even half way through people magazine when someone started mowing. #Why !!

For those who don't know I am VERY Allergic to Grass. So at the sound of a mower if I am outside, I need to go inside immediately, and make sure my windows are closed so I don't breathe it in. Epi Pens are Expensive and I would prefer to not have to use mine any time soon!
 So I went inside and read and puttered about. Around 7:30 I decided I couldn't LIVE without Sour Patch kids. I got some free at Payless a few weeks ago and ever since I am all about the sour patch kids. I grabbed my purse and phone to make a quick run to DG and what do I find in my backyard? A Duck.
 I don't have water in my backyard. There is no water in my neighborhood. No water anywhere. First time seeing a Duck in my backyard but given that my backyard seems to be the wild kingdom not a huge shock.
 After my ever so important trip for SPK, I came home and was shocked at the growth of my hostas! They are growing like crazy!! And I never have to water them so this is great!!!


 Sunday was the Second Sunday of the month and that means #ServingSunday for me! I LOVE Serving Sundays! I always have so much fun!
 Church was great as usual, and then afterwards I got a workout on my legs. They had a Mother's Day Photo Area Set Up, and I thought we needed a Photographer for all the families so I volunteered. For 35 mins straight I did squats. I would stand up and take pictures of the families, and then I would squat down and take more, stand up, rinse and repeat. It was a LOT of fun!! I even played Peek a Boo with several babies to get them to smile. #AuntieSkills I thought afterwards if I ever need a change in my profession, I should take pictures of kids :) Anyways, I had a blast and was really glad I wore my maxi skirt for my squats. HA! When I got done, and started walking away my legs felt like Jello. Which maybe means I should do more squats??!
 As I was leaving for church, I happened to exit my house through the back door and squealed in glee to find out my Peony had bloomed!! I had to stop and take several pictures because with my wild kingdow backyard, you never know how long a flower/plant will be there before an animal eats it. Grrr...
 This was my Grandma's Peony Bush so it was sweet that it bloomed on Mother's Day.


 After church I took my jello legs to Walmart, which I don't even remember the last time i was in a walmart, but boy did they have some cute clothes!! I always find stuff when it's not in the budget to buy it on that trip. Sadness. So I snapped some pics to remind myself of what I wanted!
 I need a new bathing suit and i thought this was so pretty and colorful!!
And this little skirt do-dad for the bottom!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea