Skip to main content

24/52

Apparently I missed the memo on picture taking this week. Not quite sure what my problem was, but here's hoping I can remember the past week without much documentation!!



Monday it was Hot. Oh was it HOT! Hot doesn't even seem like a strong enough word for it. I was inside teaching all day with the ac on blast and I swear it was still humid, sticky and sweaty. Blech. I spent my day in this chair with said clipboard teaching away.

 I walked by my wall and did a double take. My littlest nephew looks SO much like me as a child! Our baby pictures are almost identical, and I think we really look alike as toddlers as well. I sent this pic to my Mom to compare, and she said we looked a lot alike, minus the look of terror on Lovemuffin's face. HA!

 Weds was the day I had been looking forward to since July 31, 2016, other wise known as my last free massage. A place in town does free massages during the summer so students can get in their clinical hours. And you had better believe I hopped on that wagon!! My first massage was AMAZING and I so excited to get to have a weekly massage! Oh Summer, How I love thee!!

 I've been trying to take more time to practice and play for fun. It can be hard since I teach all day, sometimes when I'm done I just want silence! But I'm trying to carve out some time here and there to play, and learn some new songs. I actually snapped a pic of the wrong sheet music, but I'm learning All of my by John Legend and I basically hum it all.day.long.

 By the time my next to last student arrives on Thursdays this teacher is Tired!! I've found myself the past two weeks putting my feet up on my spare Piano Stool, and it's super comfy. 
 Friday was my day off. YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAY!!!! Have I mentioned how much I'm loving having Fridays off in the Summer???! BECAUSE I AM!!! IT'S GLORIOUS!!!!!! On this particular Friday my Mom came by and did some planting of veggies, and then weeded, because she's awesome and I was sneezing just thinking about it. The back half of my yard is no joke in the allergy dept.  While she was finishing up I hopped in the shower to wash the dirt and pollen off, and then I had a phone date/Duggar Wedding Viewing with Auds! When she lived here we would always have a dinner date and then viewing party to watch any Duggar Weddings that were on tv. And we knew when she moved we wanted to continue that, so we just got creative! I have to say the show was MUCH more entertaining with our witty commentary.  Girl talk and reality tv viewing with a sweet friend is so good for the soul!!!!!

After that it was raining and storming, and I curled up on my couch and watched tv and read on Friday evening. So relaxing!

Saturday, I have no pictures from. Imagine a Lazy Bum who slept in after not falling asleep until almost 2 am.
 Sunday I was up early. WAY early. Like I could have almost went to the early service early. I don't know why, or how to stop it, but I keep waking up an hour to almost two hours earlier than I need to. My alarm goes off at 7 am on Sundays, and this morning I was awake before 5:30. WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.... I was putting my makeup on at the time I would have normally been crawling out of bed. #Painful  I was ready for church an entire hour early, and needless to say I made a second cup of coffee and took it with me.  

Also, this is hilarious to me. Look at my face in the above picture. See how white and pale I am? I put on SELF TANNER Saturday night. And this is the "Tan" I got. One shade above Casper.

After a great church service, where I cried more than once, I  decided to make a quick run to Aldi's before heading home. I'm standing in the check out line behind someone, and they finally finish checking out. I get up to the register and the guy says to me " Hello Ma'am! So you shop at this Aldi as well??!!"  Apparently I am either really memorable or I shop at Aldi way toooo much. I'm not sure which one I am hoping for.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea