Skip to main content

A Day in the Life, Thursday May 11, 2017

( Three cheers to me for FINALLY finishing this post!!)

Whew! I haven't done a Day in the Life post in a long time and now I remember why :) It was hard to remember to write down all of my activities and the time I did them. I tried to take pictures as well, but at some points kind of forgot. Whoops!

I picked a Thursday because right now they are my busiest day and I wanted to full capture the insanity, and remind myself come Fall to not schedule people so closely together. # Teacher needs a break.

My morning starts at 9:01 am when my alarm goes off. I lay in bed and check my email and insta while I try to make myself get up.

I finally get up and take my medicine and hop in the shower at 9:30

9:44, out of the shower, got dressed, combed my hair and put my hair gunk in, made my way to the kitchen to get some life blood in me so i can wake up. aka doctored coffee.

I make a cup of coffee at night and then put it in the fridge so I can have iced coffee in the am. I'm almost out of my powdered chocolate creamer so I made a package of peppermint mocha starbucks but it's too coffee like for my tastes. So I decide to make a fraup with it.


 Coffee in hand I make my way to the couch, to put my makeup on.At some point during the getting dressed and coffee making I put my foundation on in the bathroom. I finish doing the rest of my makeup while I sit on the couch.


10:44- Face is on,, I make my list for the store, put my contacts in, change my leggings as the ones I have on aren't comfortable, I put my contacts in so I can actually see what I'm doing. And then tidy up around the house.

10:55, With contacts in it's finally time to check my emails and the blog world. Except I sit down and change my mind and decide to make my quick run to DG so I can come back and be done with my errand.

11:15, back from DG, take out the trash, and then finally read blogs and email.


While I'm sitting there I hear some loud vehicles, and decide to look out the window and investigate. A firetruck and ambulance were at a neighbor's house two doors down. I was thankful it wasn't my elderly neighbor next door as I worry about him! I said a prayer for whoever was having problems and took a picture because 1. day in the life 2. nephews.


11:39- time to dry my mess of hair and put it into some semblance of a hair do.

11:52, Hair is done, now I need to make some lunch. I usually cook ahead of time for Thursdays or make something in the crock pot, but I didn't this week, which means I need to cook something now before students start arriving.



I opted for two different kinds of baked mac and cheese. I was out of penne so i used spaghetti noodles instead.
12:23 Lunch time!!

12:37 Done with my sandwich and my pasta is still cooking. I move to the kitchen table to set up my laptop and get some work done.

At some point the pasta is done and I eat some while working away on Mturk. 

1:29, My contact is driving me nuts!! I take it out, clean it and put it back in. Several times. UGH.

Time to tidy up and prepare for my first student of the day. I turn on my Mandisa Pandora for some background music, get my water, ect... 


And light my candle. It's a candle in the kitchen type of day!!
2:05, Student arrives and we chat and then head into the studio for her lesson.
2:34, Lesson is over and I make my student take a selfie with me so this entire post isn't pictures of just me! She was happy to oblige :)

2:37, Student is gone, and I"m back at my desk working on Mturk and having some Sour Patch kids as a snack.
3:00, Break time!!! I love wathing girl chat on The Real, it has one of my favorite actresses, Tamera Mowry-Housely, One of the twins from Sister Sister!! I just love her.  I catch up on girl chat while I have some Coca Cola in my Mary Mug.
3:25, right before my Skype student I hear a big train in my backyard, parked. I run outside to get pictures of it for Addie and my nephews.

3:30, Skype Piano Lesson.

4:05, Lesson is done, quick run, to the restroom and a refill of water before my next Skype student.

4:15, Another Skype Piano Lesson.

4:45-5, Skype student is done, I clean a little bit and wrap a present for a student.



5:15, Being the old lady that I am I watch the news AT LEAST once a day. Got to hear the weather!! I watch the news and then have dinner and watch a little bit of an old episode of Grey's on Netflix.

5:42, Breaktime is over. I'm ready for my next round of students and do a few more hits on Mturk in my spare time.

5:52. Student is 8 mins early. grrrrr....... No one likes an early student!! It's my pet peeve, especially when students say things like "Oh my Mom wanted to run some errands so she dropped me off early" not.a.fan. I make her wait 8 mins because I am a mean teacher. And I was finishing up timed things on Mturk.

6-7:40, Three students taught back to back! Feelin like a boss! A tired one, but whatever.

After teaching I remember that I need to drop off my water bill payment. They like to send me my bill less than  a week from it being due, which means I almost always have to pay in person, via the drop box, since their online payment takes DAYS to process. So I run out and go downtown to drop it off.

I mean we're really getting to scintillating pictures here aren't we?
Clearly I was running out of things to take pictures of, so I took pictures of the road while I was at a stoplight that was RED thank you very much. Actually at this point, I had a handy phone holder on my dashboard, and all i had to do was press the button. It was lovely! (And then came off a few weeks later when it got home and the adhesive melted, and now I can't find the holder after switching purses, but that is a whole nother story!)
Errand done, I return home and am annoyed again at my neighbors that love to park in front of my house despite NO ONE IN THEIR DRIVEWAY!!!!!

That's all I will say about that.

On my way inside I check my rain gauge. I told you I was an old lady.
I decide that after being cooped up all day I will do some laps in my backyard to get some steps in. So I put pandora on my phone, my earbuds in and get to walking.

My Backyard Paradise! All I need is a pool!

Walking and listening to some tunes. I always have to fight the urge to sing out loud while I'm in my backyard. HA!

Annnnnd walking is done. I sit down on my porch swing and put my feet up for a few mins to relax before I head inside.
8:24 pm, Back inside, I open the windows because it's nice outside. Take my annoying contacts out. HALLELUJAH!! I start some dishwater to wash my dishes, and put my hair in pig tails to get it off my neck. I grab some more sour patch kids to snack on. I'm down to the colors I don't like, but I eat them anyway.

8:31, I remember that I need to do the daily survey for a specific Mturk hit, so I hop onto my email for the link and fill it out.

8:55, Dishes are done, I'm in my Pj's and I remember I need to make my coffee for the next morning.
(I like it cold/iced, so I make instant coffee the night before, and then flavor it and put it in the fridge over night and voila!!)

9:22, I move the laptop to the couch so I can be comfortable while I peruse the interwebs.

9:59, Snack time, No clue what I ate as I didn't write it down and I'm finishing this post a month later. Whooopsie!! Whatever I ate, I ate it while I watched some more of Greys.

10:41, A Piano teacher's work is never done, I get a message on my studio's facebook page, so I read it, and respond to the parent in question.
I want to get better at doing a daily devotional so I decide to re-read one of my favorite Bible Study books from years ago. Having a Mary Spirit by Joanna Weaver. I read one chapter.

11:00, I head to my bedroom to take off my makeup and get ready for bed.

11:08, I crawl in bed, turn off the lights and grab my tablet to check social media and read whatever Library book I'm currently in to. I'm not sure when I turned off my lights, because I'm writing this post over a month later, but it was most likely around 11:45/12:00 am.

Phew! If you made is this far without falling asleep, snaps to you!

These days are always a lot of work to document but I appreciate looking back at them and seeing what my daily life was like! Who knows what it will be like next May 11!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea