Skip to main content

31/52

 I Have no Memory of what happened Monday, but apparently I was happy and having a good hair day!
 Over the weekend I had painted a wood frame to match the colors of my gallery wall. One of my favorite pictures of Apes and I at her wedding!

 Tuesday I was NOT THRILLED to be up super early for my ENT apt. But I will say my hair was looking really good! I knew I wasn't going to have a lot of time, so I straightened it the night before to save time on washing, drying and styling the next morning. It worked!  I look way more awake than I felt at that point.
 I had to wait in the waiting room for a bit and then in the exam room, and I don't know what my BP was but I'm sure it was WAY up there. I was SO nervous! I thought for sure that my left ear tube was out of my ear drum and that my Dr would take it out and put a new one in. I had tried to mentally prepare myself for the horrible pain of the burning acid numbing drops. but much to my shock my Dr told me my tube was still in my ear drum and functioning! I was SHOCKED! But quite thrilled to not have pain! He gave me more ear drops and said that it looked like my infection was clearing up (Three weeks later, literally) and that if it didn't to call him in a few days and he would call in some oral antibiotics. I had the thought that I should just get them then to have them in case, but I dismissed that thought. Bad Decision. The following Monday I could tell my ear was getting worse so I called like he told me to and he is ON VACATION AGAIN. He just got back from vacation and now he is gone for another two weeks. I mean. I just can't. Thankfully after telling my story to my new PCP he was able to call some in for me, but sheesh. Annoying.
 Over the weekend I got painting happy. I had two lamps with this shade and I hate orange so I decided to paint them. One I did a neutral tan color and the other a light blue. They turned out really pretty!
 I have been on a mission to find a great chocolate cake and chocolate icing recipe lately. So I've been baking one, once a week. My student/friend Sarah #1 has greatly benefited from this, as every week when she comes for her lesson I give her cake. I finally found the perfect recipe, and it is nothing short of delicious! Momfessionals Texas Sheet Cake for the Win!!
 Wednesday I got Victoria Bylin's newest book in the mail to read and review. I read it this weekend and it was so good! Review coming soon!
 My little cucumber plant has one cucumber on it. Growing slooooowwwlllyyyy..

 The finished result of one of the lamps!

 Thursday I sported my favorite dress/shirt from DG and leggings of course
 The result of the second lamp I painted!
 Sunday it was CHILLY. It was 60 some degrees in August, in Indiana. Super weird!! I wore a long sleeved shirt and pants and could have added a scarf to it and been ok. This summer the sanctuary at church has been really cold, which I would rather be cold than hot, but I'm learning to wear extra layers to church!
 Straight hair made an appearance for the second time in one week. didn't look as good this time, but oh well! That is what I get for having straight hair when it is rainy!!
 We had the Bible presenting to incoming Second Graders at church that morning. Despite not knowing any of the kids or parents I still got a little emotional. Love my church!!
 I ran a few errands after church and got some Arby's for lunch. Tried to take a picture outside and this is the best I got. HA HA HA.. Wasn't sunny enough for my sunglasses but obviously bright enough to squint. #Attractive
 Saw this shirt on fb and think I need it. 
As well as this one. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t