Skip to main content

34/52


Last Monday I was super productive, and even started wrapping my Christmas presents. Yes, I know it's August. I typically start shopping here and there in the summer, so I am done with Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving. I already have three concerts lined up, three weeks in a row, the end of November into December. Along with planning the week long Christmas Party in your lesson week in the studio. I have to shop early and get stuff done to preserve my sanity.
Tuesday i was making my shopping list and for some reason decided to do it on payless' site, and saw that they had waived my click list fee! (Probably since I hadn't used it in about a year) so you'd better believe I hopped on that! I love being able to order my groceries online and pick them up without ever having to get out of my vehicle. But it irks me to have to pay a fee for it.


Wednesday I tried out a new maybelline foundation that all the youtuber's i watch have raved about. It was terrible. I ended up scrubbing off my foundation and powder mid day and putting concealer and powder back on for the second half of students. I looked like a cakey oompa loompa. Good news is that CVS had my Almary two in one foundation and self tanner back in stock so I am back to looking normal!!!!
I made a new crock pot meal and had to snap a picture of the carrots to send to Sarah #1. Her Dog Brady is OBSESSED with carrots.
Thursday it was SO pretty outside!! I love days when I can teach with the window open! And Thursdays are long days so it was great to have fresh air all day long!
Skype lessons resumed Thursday afternoon and I was determined to be comfortable. I moved my laptop into the piano room ( Years past I Skyped in the kitchen at my table) because I have in person students right before my Skype students so it's just easier to not have to change rooms.  I haven't figured out the perfect set up yet, but I'll get there!
Friday no sleeping in for me. *whimper* I was up and at em for two Dr's apts. First stop was my eye drs. Where i discovered that my favorite cheap glasses I got from zenni.com weren't fixable. Turns out you really shouldn't lay on your glasses in bed. Who knew? One side was waaayyyyyyy closer to my eye than the other. Good news is that I was eligible for a new pair of frames and lenses, so I picked out a new pair of glasses! And got a new pair of contacts to boot. I narrowed it down to three pairs of glasses and had to send selfie's to Audra to help me decide. I only smiled in the first picture because the lady said I looked super cheesey and it was distracting to the glasses. She was sitting right in front of me and it was awkward so I sent the next two pics non smiling. I felt like I looked like a convict in a booking photo! And then Auds asks me why I'm only smiling in the first pic! HA! #ThisISWhyWeAreFriends

Picture on Left is the first pair of glasses. Which spoiler alert, I did not pick!

Picture on left is my next stop- the Chiropractor! After being at the eye dr for hours and then having to go back after i realized I DROPPED MY NEW CONTACT IN ITS CONTAINER ON THE GROUND, I scooted over to my chiros. The adjustment was great but three days later I un did all the work he did. So there's that.
On my way back home after getting lost looking for a garage sale, I stopped at DG and they had my very favorite wax melt scent out!!! I will be stocking up on this since it's only available in the fall!!
Saturday my parents had Chiro apts and came by my house. Dad mowed, and mowed for my 85 yr old neighbor. So sweet. My parents are the epitimome of a Servants Heart.

After that Dad attempted to fix my water heater. It had been turned off on Weds, after I heard a noise that I couldn't figure out. And was trying to rule out things. (Turned out someone went into my backyard and turned on my outside water while i was home teaching! Still no clue who or why)  Well after i turned it off the pilot light wouldn't light. Sooooooo...
I had to boil water, and heat up water in crock pots to take showers for several days.
It was super fun.
This is my Sunday Morning boiled water in a bucket shower. I took the bucket to the shower, added cool water since it was super hot, and then would use a pitcher to get water out and pour over my head to wash my hair, rinse, ect. 

Again.

Super fun.

Dad wasn't able to fix it on Saturday but he sure tried!
Sunday I felt like I was lookin pretty good!
Especially for having taken a shower out of a five gallon bucket that morning.

I went to church, cried through the 10+ Baptisms, came home, boiled more water to do dishes, cleaned, and had just sat down to relax when my Mom texted Dad had an idea on how to fix it and they were going to Menards and then coming to my house.
He tried again.. Bless his heart. He replaced something and the stupid thing STILL wouldn't light!!!

And that was Sunday night. You'll have to wait until next week's recap to find out what happened.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea