Skip to main content

36/52

 Last Monday and Tuesday I was off for Labor Day. Monday was spent not feeling well after eating something that didn't agree with me. (Story of my life) And Tuesday I was tired from all that so this picture is rather indicative of those two days! on the couch with a blankie! Also, do you see that temp? It has been crazy cool here at night and in the mornings!

 Wednesday was back to work! Do you see the pumpkin behind me? I've since moved it, but I have been slowly adding fall decorations here and there! This cooler weather has me in a fall mood!
 Thursday I seriously questioned what day it was after two students in a row no showed, and I thought maybe I had the day wrong. Others cancelled and I ended up not teaching until 5:15!!! Usually I have already taught SEVERAL students by then, so that was weird! Mom was in town and came by and mowed for me. And my neighbor. She is so sweet.

 She also brought me a new rug she found on clearance for a steal and thought I might like. I've been slowly redecorating my bathroom. It used to be pink. then it was teal earlier this year and then I found this nice neutral white and silver shower curtain at a yardsale this summer and fell in love with it. I had been wanting something more neutral and just clean looking. This light colored rug really went well with it. Gives it just a small pop of color! She also had found a white toilet seat cover that isn't pictured, but looks really nice. Gives it a little bit of texture.
 You know you're old when rugs excite you.
 Friday started my very busy weekend into the first day of the next week. Emboz and her fam had went to Disney world and needed someone to pick them up at the airport. I happened to be free and was happy to help. I set out for a great adventure, and had a book, nail polish and snacks packed. I stopped at Wendy's on the way out of town and picked up a large Coke because I was still really tired even after my coffee. Gas was pricy in our town and I desperately needed some. So I got enough to get me to halfway to Indy, so I could stop at a place I knew had cheaper gas. So I stopped there, put some gas in and thought I will use the restroom here. Then I happened to look over and saw all of the police cards pictured above (as well as some other ones not pictured) and thought. Nope. Nope. NOPE! So I got in my truck and went across the way to Taco Bell.

 With the help of my navigation guy on my smartphone (BEST INVENTION EVER) I made it to the airport in record time. I did happen to miss the turn off for the cell phone lot I was going to park in and wait. Well I saw it right as I needed to turn and someone was in my way so I couldn't merge over. So I panic a bit, and try to figure out what to do. I wasn't sure how long they let you sit out in front of arrivals. And there was a Police Officer parked there going to different vehicles. I thought for sure he would come by and ask me to move. I checked their flight on my phone and it was delayed. Oh shoot. So I decide to get out of my parking spot, and see if i can loop around and find the cell phone parking lot. It took me 15 minutes. 15 MINUTES to get out of my parking spot and then I was pretty much not moving and I decided I would take my chances, and pulled into a parking spot a few doors down. And Bless his heart the very nice Police Officer did not make me move!!!!
 So I sat and people watched while I waited for my people!
 And took a selfie, because.. Of course. Also, see that red cooler? I packed snacks for them! As I was cleaning out my truck preparing to be a Limo Service I was thinking of what they might need, and it seems like everytime I get off a plane I am hungry and thirsty and have to pee. I couldn't do anything about the third item, but food and drink I can provide! So I packed bottled waters, and numerous slices of my famous Texas Sheet Cake, along with napkins, utensils, and Benadryl, because I couldn't remember if Vanilla Extract was one of the items Em was allergic to. We got everyone in the vehicle and managed to get out of my spot without hitting anyone, which was a miracle. And 3.5 seconds after that Madi said "I'm HUNNNNGGGGRRRRYYYYYY!" 

To which I replied, There are snacks and bottled waters in the cooler under Madi's feet. 

With their excitement over that I think I will be packing snacks and drinks everytime I am a Limo Service!

# This is what life is like when you're friends with Mary Poppins

My GPS guy, or President George Bush(the 2nd) as Greg called him, got us out of the airport and back home safely. Minus a quick swing into a gas station for the girl who shouldn't have gotten a coke on the drive to the airport. We took a selfie in their driveway after we arrived. You'll notice Greg has already fled the scene. HA!



After I got home I scarfed down this YUMMY Mickey Rice Krispie Treat courtesy of Emboz! It was almost too cute to eat! #ButIAteItAnyway


 Sunday was the second sunday of the month so it was my day to serve at church. It was also my first Official time as the Co Leader for Team Two! I lead the late service, and am so far enjoying my new position. I will say that it was friend weekend and the kickoff to a new series, and some other special things so it was a B.U.S.Y. morning. I sweated my tail off running around. 
 I got Kristi Ann Hunter's newest book in the mail on Saturday and saved it for Sunday afternoon! After I ran the sweeper and cleaned up around the house, I took a quick shower, and settled in on the couch to read for the afternoon!
And it was glorious. And yes my hair is in pigtails. Don't judge. I finished the entire book in one day and as always with Ms. Hunter's books it did not disappoint! Full Review coming soon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea