Skip to main content

38/52

 This week's wrap up will be short and not so sweet, because I came down with a bug in the middle of the week :( I should be thankful that I have made it this far into the school year without catching something! Although a lady sat beside me and hacked her lungs out during the entire church service today so I have a feeling that is coming my way.  ANYWAYS, Last week started out on a VERY happy note, because my (annoying) neighbors were moving!!!! I cannot tell you how excited I was! 
 I had some free time before teaching so I made a quick run to Aldi's and found this butternut squash sauce that I should have picked up for my Parents and Sarah #1. They have an addiction to Squash.

 Friday (yes we skipped a few days) I was feeling better, and after running some errands and hanging out with my Mom while she was in town. I picked up Jboz and we headed to a fun event for a little girls night! A friend of mine WROTE A BOOK. Yes, that deserves to be in all capital letters! And she was having a Book Release party at a local bookstore. I had never been to a book release party OR this bookstore. And I am happy to report I quite liked both!  She read a chapter from her book, which was neat, and some parts had me wanting my pillow to hide behind. haha #Scared And then there was some delicious cake, which sadly met an unfortunate end in the front seat of my truck. No, I did not take a piece of cake and leave. Well Kinda. No, I was eating the cake and it had quite tasty icing, and when the icing is so good and rich, I like to eat a little. Drink some water, eat a little more. Basically it takes me an hour to eat a slice of cake.  I had maybe 1/3 of my cake slice eaten and Jboz was done with hers and ready to get home to her little.

What I liked the most about the event (other than the cake ;) ) was at the end of her reading they opened it up to questions, and it was really fascinating to hear how she created the book. Where she gets her ideas, and how stories come to fruition. I can barely get a blog post out a week, so I am in awe of anyone that can write a book! I just though it was really interesting! She owns a writing studio as well, so several of the people asking questions were fellow writers, and they had some really good questions. Questions that I, as NOT a writer, wouldn't even think of or know to ask. So I really enjoyed the question and answer time, I felt like I learned about the writing process!
Jboz and I had to take a selfie at the end, notice her empty cake plate. Mine was sitting on the stool beside us. #RIPCake #YouWereDelicious It was really fun to get out of the house, spend some time with a friend, and do something that neither of us had done before!

After I dropped Jboz off at her house I decided to run to Ollie's, because where else would I like to spend my Friday night? Books and Ollie's are basically my idea of a perfect day. Well, apparently ollie's closes at 9 pm. So I ran around the store trying to find what I needed in 20 mins.

 It's officially Fall here but it is still BLAZING hot. 90's and high humidity. Because of that I have been slowly decorating for fall. It just doesn't feel like fall when you're sweating in AC. I decided this weekend to switch things up a bit and instead of putting lights and leaves on my sofa table, to put them on my long kitchen counter instead. I've never done that before, but I loved the way it turned out!
 I can see the counter from my couch, and when I'm working on my laptop I'm always at the kitchen table, so It's nice to have some festive decorations in there.
 And look how pretty it is at night!!! I'm not a fan of having tons of lamps on, unless i'm reading, or something. But I love to have little strings of lights in places to give the room some glow without it being overly bright.

I might have to try some Christmas lights/decorations in this area this year!

And we wind up with today, Sunday. Whooo hoo to me for finishing a week wrap up on a Sunday!! It's still crazy hot outside, and i'm tucked inside with the ac blasting and a fan on. I wore a cardigan with my skirt and shirt to church as sometimes our sanctuary can be kind of chilly. Needless to say that thing came off when I got to my truck after church!!

Here's to another week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t