Skip to main content

38/52

I had planned to get this post up on Monday during my Administrative Hours, and well, we all know what was going on Monday. (or rather Sunday night) I still am horrified and somewhat speechless about the senseless murder of innocent people who just wanted to see their favorite music artist. I have been in Las Vegas and have walked in the same area that this attack occurred in.  I can't. I just can't come up with words. I feel for those who lost their loved ones, and I feel for the people who were injured, and those who maybe weren't injured physically. But guys, they are going to have to live with living through this event for the rest of their lives. I was watching The Real Monday afternoon and Jeannie was sharing about her friend that was at the concert. She said there was a girl on a guys shoulders, right next to her friend. And as her friend was standing there, she saw the girl get shot and die. I can't even comprehend what that would be like. There were over 22,000 people at that event, and they all will have scars from it. Not all physical. I hurt for them.






There is no good segway from that into last week's recap, but I just couldn't NOT say something.

Sigh... On to last week's recap.

 Monday started off with nerd glasses and my fall lights and leaves on my counter.
 I teach until 8:30 on Monday nights. By 8:45 I am in my jammies, with the lights off, sitting on the couch. Never underestimate the speed of which a piano teacher can get comfy after a long day.
 Tuesday was still hotter than hot outside. And it was my day to go play for my friends at the Alzheimer's wing! I was smart and brought my fan and an extension cord for the fan. I still sweated like the dickens as it was 87 degrees inside, but I didn't die. Oh, and I had an ice pack under my no pedaling leg. :)
 Piano Selfie!
 Wednesday I was really digging my outside. It was finally a little cooler outside so I celebrated with a maxi skirt.
 Thursday it got even cooler so the jeggings came out!

 The nerd glasses made an appearance as well as one of my church t shirts because they are just COMFY.
 After I finished teaching that evening I read one of the best books I have ever read. I was crying at the end of it. Like Blow your nose crying. It was powerful.
 I was getting ready to turn off the light and head to bed that evening when I saw the abundance of post it notes reminders of stuff i needed to do. If it's not written down it doesn't happen!
 Friday morning there was still no rest for the weary. I had an Internet Installer, a Dr Apt, Groceries to get, and a BMV trip. ugh. Anyday with the words BMV in it deserve something special, so I showered and then took my non makeup face over to Dunkin Donuts for a Mocha something or the other. Like a frappucino only WAY better and WAY cheaper. I always forget their larges are basically the size of a big gulp. I was well caffeinated.
 As I was at a stop light on my way home the Dukes of Hazard appeared next to me...
 Got home, got myself ready, and the Internet guy came. He was very nice, which is good as he was there for awhile and then had to come back later after my apts as he had a dr's apt as well and was having an issue with my set up. It worked out great! I went to my apt and the bmv and came home and called him and he came over and got it fixed! Such AWESOME Customer service!!
 Apparently the BMV now gives out fancy ticket numbers. Thankfully I was only there for about 20 mins, and almost paid one dollar per minute. Why are licenses so expensive??! I had to update my address on mine, and it was within 6 months of expiring, so I took care of it all at once. Sadly they took a new picture which will NOT be shared. ever. I look like a serial killer who just smelled something nasty. I wish I was exaggerating. It's bad.
 After all that I came home and hit up a garage sale in my neighborhood. I'm definitely turning into my Mom as i bought tupperware. I have two large containers like the one pictured above. They were my grandma's and my mom has matching ones as well. they are PERFECT for flour and sugar! I think this one is going to be the brown sugar holder.
 I got my internet up and running, watched the 6 pm news, and then headed over to Aldi to go grocery shopping. I finally got home and carried everything in and put it away and made a homemade pizza. and it was delicious! It was 8:30 pm when I finally sat down to have dinner and I was BEAT.
 On a whim I picked up a bag of dried mangoes at Aldi. Sweet Mercy. They are DELICIOUS!!  A perfect snack between students, or for when I want something sweet and fruity. I don't keep a lot of fruit on hand because it tens to go bad before I can eat all of it. So this is perfect for me!
 Saturday I finally had a day of relaxation. I read pretty much all day long, finally slept in, and put my orange lights and leaves on my tree in my living room.
 Sunday I woke up for church and it was 44 degrees. I wore a knee length skirt with bare legs and almost froze. But my shoes were cute and went well with my new cardigan. so there's that.
See! Pretty new cardigan!

After a great church service I ran some errands, picked up the last of what I needed to make a new recipe and finally headed home. I made a fabulous stuffed shells recipe for the first time and it is a keeper!! I cleaned Sunday afternoon and probably read more, I don't remember! And that was week 38!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t