Skip to main content

43/52

Well We started off the week with a rather odd day. Not bad, just odd! I woke up to my first student cancelling her lesson. I had errands to run and a super messy house, and had set my alarm a little earlier than normal to accomplish everything. After that, as the day went on my next two in line students also cancelled. This has NEVER happened before. It was crazy! I wasn't complaining, but it was weird. I didn't have my first of THREE students until 7 pm! I almost didn't know what to do with myself. But I somehow managed:)  Turns out my free time is catching up on my bible study homework, and doing dishes. #Adulting

 One of my errands was to get my allergy shot, and I had something to drop off to Emboz, so I texted her that morning to see if her shot was that day, and we planned it so we met up at the allergist's office at the same time. We snapped a pic outside because, # pics or it didn't happen. That's how we roll. and chatted a bit until I couldn't feel my toes. I bundled up the top 3/4 of myself, but left the house in my ballet flats by accident. Does anyone else have house shoes? I have flip flops, sandals, and flats that I just wear around the house. Well I forgot to put my socks and boots on, and it had been raining. My toes were SO COLD!
 I finally made it home awhile later, after running into Aldi's for Halloween candy. And immediately put on socks and slippers. Emboz had teased me about my shoe wear, so I had to snap a picture to send to her.
 All warmed up and ready to teach! Only, the 2nd student cancelled as I was sitting here waiting. soooo...

 I busted out my Halloween Costume (and I use that term very lightly!) and snapped some pics.
 I updated my chalkboard and had a slight freak out that the Christmas Recital is only 4 weeks away. ack ack and ACK!!
 I slept terrible Monday night, and was half dead on Tuesday, but I pulled myself together, slapped on some makeup and got ready for trick or treaters. Jboz brought Ro Ro over to trick or treat on their way to an event. And he apparently forgot that he has known me since roughly 3 hours after he entered the world. He wanted nothing to do with getting a picture with Auntie Cherry. We finally tried sitting on the bench outside and B snapped this. I'm beside Jboz but I'm laughing like a hyena, so I spared the world from seeing that. It was pretty funny though!
 Meanwhile Jboz and I managed to snap a good picture of us in less than 20 seconds. See how easy that was Ro? All you have to do is smile! #Pros
 It was a chilly night for trick or treaters and I wished I had a sweater and thick leggings on. brrrrr..... I finally called it quits after no one had knocked on my door in over 15 mins. This year I actually had candy left! i was surprised! Old Lady Cherrybear only lets the kids have one piece (unless they are tiny and adorable) because there are tons of kids in my neighborhood, and my first year having trick or treaters, ever! I let people take whatever they wanted and was out of candy by 7 pm. Rookie mistake! Now I'm stingy, but at least everyone gets some!

 Wednesday morning I was up before the sun and I was TIRED. My terrible nights sleep on Monday night, and not enough sleep Tuesday night had me struggling. I made it to bible study though and was coherent and participative throughout it so that was a plus! After Bible study was finished I thought I would go grocery shopping and run some errands. Oh man. I will not be doing that in W. Laf until they get all of their construction under control. It was ridiculous. I barely made it home in time to unload and put my groceries away before my first student arrived.




Thursday I woke up refreshed from actually getting a glorious nights sleep! I got in bed around 8:20 on Weds night. I listened to my audio book for awhile and then fell asleep before 10 pm. And it was wonderful. I tried out a new outfit combo, with a cardigan and a t shirt that I have worn the latter all summer long. I liked it!

We had a big rain storm go through around 9 pm, just when I had sat down on the couch. I had the living room window open since it was in the 60s, so I got to hear the beautiful relaxing sounds of rain. I loved it! Peace, quiet, and rain. Perfect ending to a really busy, and somewhat stressful day.

 Leftover Halloween candy is great! Although I will admit, I took all of the cherry fruit chews out of the bag before putting out candy for trick or treaters. They are SO good!!

I've been listening to Christmas music since Sept. August if you count the hunting for students songs. I get excited when one of my all time favorite Christmas songs comes on! #NSYNCFOREVER


Friday nights sleep was WONDERFUL. Look at all that deep sleep!


Sunday was the return to DST and I wasn't mad about getting an extra hour of sleep! It was nice to shower and have it not be pitch black outside. I hate having to turn on the overhead light in the bathroom right after I've gotten out of bed. 

It was a rainy, and stormy day. I went to church and heard a great sermon and then headed out to Crawfordsville to meet up with a guy to buy a nice Christmas tree from him. He stood me up. I was slightly annoyed. On the way home I got caught in torrential rain, think going 25 mph and not being able to see 15 feet in front of you. Finally the rain was getting lighter, and I was going around 50 mph. And then lightening HIT something less than 10 feet away from me while I was driving. It was terrifying. Lightening makes a much different noise when it's right next to you, and it's a noise I would prefer not to ever hear again. I was really annoyed after that. It was bad enough to have to drive over 30 mins away, and waste time and gas, but then to be close to danger. Nope. Just. Nope. 

And that was week 43!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea