Skip to main content

45/52

 BOY HOWDY!! This past week was a Humdinger! And it all started on Monday.

I was taking my sweet time getting ready that morning, and got out of the shower to find two missed calls from my Mom. Since I had already exchanged emails with her that morning and everything was fine then I knew something was wrong, probably with Dad. So I immediately called her back and long story short my Dad was in a Semi versus Tractor accident. And by the grace of God and his protection he was unharmed. He was hit by a Semi trying to pass him, when he was turning onto a side road. It's still crazy to even type that. He was hit by a semi and walked away without a scratch. Only God!!! I was relieved to say the least, and it really didn't hit me what had happened and what really should have happened, until several hours later. Then I got emotional! It didn't help that my Dad sent me a picture of some of the aftermath of the wreck and I could see the tire marks from where the semi had rammed into him and the tractor had been pushed down the road and then off the road. That got me teary eyed. But I am so thankful that God saw fit to protect him and give us more time with my Dad!
 I had a cancelled lesson right in the middle of my teaching, so not a whole lot of time to do much. So I decided to put the ornaments on my music tree. I pulled out this violin ornament that my Grams had given me. 
 And then seeing her hand writing on the back, and how she beautifully wrote my name, got me all teary eyed again. I miss seeing my name in that hand writing...
 Finished music tree!
 I'm loving sitting next to this while teaching!
 This day was either Wednesday or Thursday. I'm not really sure. By that point I was exhausted and days were running together. I was super tired all of last week (which I now know is from a sinus infection starting) so I was struggling a bit. 

 The weather for this past weekend was forecasted to be really nasty. Lots of rain, winds, and dropping temps. So I ran out Friday night to get some gas so I wouldn't have to stop on the way to church Sunday, and then I picked up some groceries via click list.
 Oh wait, here's Thursday! Can you tell I was tired?! I am excited it is scarf weather again though!

 I have been putting up more Christmas decorations, although I am going a  little lighter this year. I hung up my special Stocking that has taken me through 2 different offices, and now my home. I had to snap a picture and send to April to see if she still had hers, and she does!! Long Live the Dream Team!!

Wednesday again, after Bible study, because I can see my nametag. HA! Side note, do any contact wearers HATE the feel of daily contacts? I ran out of my Air Optix, and have been waiting on sale. I got some dailies from Hubble Contacts to try them out and ugh. I only do it when I can't deal with my glasses for another day. And I never last the entire day with them in. they are so flimsy! And i feel like they dry out almost from the moment i put them in. Is this just me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea