Skip to main content

46/52

6 Weeks from the end of the year!

And I am NOT done with my Christmas shopping yet which has me a tad stressed. December is super busy for a Musician, so the need to get things done early is real! 

Annnyyyways, onward to the week's wrap up!
 Somehow the only picture I took Monday, was of the double batch of PB Fudge I made. I started the making ahead and freezing for the treats I will need for Christmas Party in your lesson week.  1 treat down. 4 or 5 more to go!
 Tuesday was a busy day. It was the first of 3 concerts I have, in 3 weeks. First concert went well and I loved being able to bust out the Christmas music! When I went into the facility it was 50 some degrees. When I left an hour or so later it was 39 degrees. When I got out of my vehicle to pump gas 10 mins later it was 36 and raining. BRRRRRRRR. I had to run into Sears to pick up something for my Mom, which they lost and then finally found. And then I made my way over to my chiropractor. My back was in bad shape. For over a week anytime I would even slightly bend down my back would spasm in pain, to the point where I was making noise when it happened because it hurt so much. Dr R had his work cut out for him, and let me just say that part of it was painful. And I was sore for several days after. But it did help! I used my time waiting for him wisely and got caught up on my bible study homework for the following morning.

 I was tired the next day and struggling a bit at bible study. My brain and mouth weren't quite syncing up. I had suspected that maybe I had a sinus infection. I had been really tired for over a week, running a slight fever, ect. So Tuesday I had called my ENT for some antibiotics. Well I went to go pick them up Weds after bible study and they weren't there. And thus started a seriously annoying afternoon and evening of calls back and forth with the ENT, and two stops at two different urgent cares.  I have had issues with my ENT always being out of the office, and the country...? and this was the final straw. It makes me sad because I like him as a Dr, but their policies and what he tells me don't seem to match up. Add to the fact that you can never get an apt with him without waiting one week if you are lucky, but usually 2-4 weeks.  So now I have to find another ENT. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good thing!

Anyways, Inbetween this sinus infection ent saga, I taught piano lessons, made icing for the texas sheet cake I was taking home for thanksgiving, packed up my truck, taught more lessons, and then went to two different urgent cares, and thankfully was able to be seen at the second one immediately after walking in. I was in and out within mins and never had to sit in the waiting room or the exam room! Add to that, the Pharmacy was still open and had filled my antibiotic by the time i got out to the parking lot and googled their phone number! So the frustrating day did have a good ending.

Finally around 8 pm, I left the West side and headed home!
 The next day was Thanksgiving, or Friendsgiving if you will. Sarah #1 and her BF Dan, and Brady came to the farm to celebrate with us! Brady got to meet the cows. He loved them and wanted to be friends. They did not share the sentiment.
 Four little piggies having their Thanksgiving Feast of Apple peels and fruit!

 The two big cows and Midnight stared at Brady like they were Mafia Hitmen. The babies just ran away :(
 Brady Bartholomew and his bestie. Although I think my Dad might have taken the Bestie spot. He played several rousing games of Fetch with Brady and pretty much made his day. While one of those games was going on, Sarah #1 and I were practicing our duet for the recital. She very graciously brought her digital piano to the farm, and set it up so we could practice.   
 We realized right as they were leaving we didn't get a picture of eachother!
 Friday was a low key day at the farm. Mom went black friday shopping and my sick self slept in. Then later in the day I got very stressed out as the Christmas Tree I had ordered on eBay TWO WEEKS AGO, changed it's delivery date and was now being delivered Saturday. While I'm not there. Our neighborhood has had thefts lately and it's just not safe to leave packages out on your door step when you're not there. Thankfully my lovely friend Jboz was in town and was able to go put it inside my house for me. I stressed and didn't sleep well Friday worrying that something would happen. I got up early Saturday to take a shower and get ready so I could head back to town. And went downstairs to discover there was no water because my Dad was replacing the water softener. I mean...... It was all kinds of a struggle. As this is going on I get an email that my tree was delivered. Early. After I tell Jboz that the mail never goes before such and such time. Of course they deliver it early when it's not in her free time window. OF COURSE! Thankfully she was able to go and get it. and I breathed much easier when I got her text that it was safe!  I gave up on the shower and grabbed the bottle of water in the bathroom and used half of it to wet my hair and try to make myself not look as bad as I did. HA!
 Finally made it back home after running errands and got my tree out and slowly figured out how to put it together despite their abysmal instruction sheet. We won't discuss how much time I have spent in the past 24 hours fluffing and moving all 1500 tips multiple times......
 Me before church. Still not awake.
This afternoon I got my breakable and favorite ornaments on and the tree is ready for my students to decorate the rest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea