Skip to main content

2/52

I made it through the first week of teaching!!!!!!!

Barely.

ha.

The struggle was real and I was yawning through, well we'll just not mention how many lessons I yawned through.  But in the end I made it and I was happy to see my students again!

 Open for Business!!!
 The pink clipboard and I were ready to go!

What you can't see in this picture is how terrible I felt. Sunday as I was getting ready for church I started not to feel well. It continued all of Sunday, and all of Monday. My chronic illness was flaring up and I felt miserable. Pain, pain, nausea and more pain. But I made it thru the day, and thankfully by  Wednesday I was feeling a lot better. But it was a rough start to the week!
 Tuesday was my day off and boy was I happy for it! After feeling so bad, I still didn't feel well on Tuesday but I was starting to get better. Some rest and laying on the couch watching Sister Wives helped greatly!
 Wednesday was a super busy day, I added another student to my rooster that day, so it started earlier than last semester. I treated myself to a Frozen Mocha from Dunkin Donuts. My very favorite! #SoGood 


Inbetween and then after lessons I went here there and everywhere. That night I went to Aldi and got groceries as it was supposed to snow a lot on Friday so I wanted to be sure and stock up. I ran into several people I knew and chatted so it took a little longer than normal. But by the time I checked out it was so quiet in there, and i think there was only one other couple shopping. Quietest it has ever been! it was kind of weird!

Thursday I took zero pictures? Not sure how that happened. I didn't have to teach until later so I ran some more errands and then picked up some McFlurries for Baptist Happy Hour! Jboz and I hadn't seen eachother since the recital, and last semester's schedule wasn't great for Baptist Happy Hour. So i was excited to visit with her and catch up! I played with Roman a bit as he was skipping out on his nap. And when Jboz told him to tell me goodbye when I left he ran up, unprompted! and hugged my legs! SO SWEET!!! Made my day!

Friday we didn't get the snow that was forecasted, but we did get ice over night. I had put out salt Thursday night but I think the rain washed it all away. Argh!! It was a cold, blustery day that I was happy to spend inside!!!

Saturday my parents stopped by very briefly to drop off some things I had left at home over Christmas, and to drop off a surprise loaner of a snowblower!! Apparently My Mom found one on a great sale and bought it for their house, but didn't realize you couldn't use it on gravel. Which all of their driveway is gravel. So she decided to loan it to me for the winter, since she can't use it that much, and I have lower back issues. Everytime I shovel I wind up in pain. When I came back from Christmas, I was bringing my luggage inside, and it had snowed while i was gone, and I realized that pulling a suitcase does a fantastic job of getting snow out of the way! Soooooo I might have possibly used one to do my sidewalks. And told my Mom about it. And she made fun of me. For days. But I'm telling you IT WORKED and my back did not hurt! So I think she thought I was a nutcase with my suitcase snow removal. I say, whatever works! It's supposed to snow more tonight and tomorrow and I am weirdly excited to try out this snowblower! Stay Tuned!



Today is my Team's week to serve at church so I put my ever so attractive orange shirt on and layered up. It was -1 when I got out of the shower and 1 when I left for church. My truck did not want to start. Which I knew it wouldn't. Anything under 10 degrees and I have issues. Thankfully it finally started. And by the time I got to church my driver side had thawed out enough for me to get out of the truck like a normal person. The door was frozen shut when I tried to leave so once again I had to enter through the passenger's side. First time I have done that THIS winter. And I know it won't be the last! If only I had a garage......


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea