Skip to main content

3/52

 The words to describe last week would be Snow & Snot.

Sunday I started feeling like I was getting a cold. Monday when I got up it was clear I had one. It had snowed over night, so I got to use my new to me borrowed snowblower for the first time! Despite not feeling well I was pretty jazzed to try it out!
 Don't ask me about the weird gloves I'm wearing.  I have no clue.



After a slight technical difficulty with the extension cord not fitting the plug in, I got it going, and managed to clear my driveway and sidewalks and my neighbors sidewalk. My cord didn't get me to his driveway. Which I felt bad about until I was teaching later and heard a snowblower. Someone had come to do his driveway!
 Wednesday. Oh Wednesday. There were numerous times that day when I wanted to sit down and bawl

I was super sick by Weds, and realized I needed to see my Dr. So I made a same day sick apt for later that afternoon. I got ready in the hopes I could teach but I was in no shape to teach so I cancelled lessons. I had just used the last of my cold medicine and thought I would go buy more and go get my allergy shot in hopes that would somewhat help with the snot.

Well.

My truck wouldn't start.

So I had to put in a call for Triple AAA, and finally hours later they showed up.

I met my good buddy Mr. J, and he got my truck going, after I diagnosed it to be the battery. (I was right) He told me it needed to run for a good 40 mins, and that was fine with me. So I took the key fob off, locked my door and went inside to call my Mom and update her. 

Finally about 25 mins later I decide to drive it to get my meds, ect. I go outside and THANKFULLY had the presence of mind to not lock my house door (my house keys are on my key ring that was inside the truck) and I try to unlock my truck door with the key fob. IT DID NOT WORK! We found out later if the truck is running and locked the key fob will not work. That would have been good information to know on Wednesday afternoon.

At that point I just wanted to sit down in the snow and cry.

Which I seriously thought about.

Instead I went back inside, and called back my good buddy Mr. J. Whom was kind enough to not make fun of me for locking my keys inside a running vehicle.

He came back and was able to get it unlocked easily. 

Thank goodness for Triple AAA and Mr. J!!


 I was a little concerned about whether I would be able to make it to the Dr that evening but I did. And was thankfully clear of the Respiratory Flu, which I was concerned that I had, despite my flu shot. Thankfully it was just a bad Sinus Infection. I left with a prescription for two antibiotics. Sigh.
 Which took a sweet forever to fill. 

The next several days were filled with snot, sneezing and feeling miserable. 

I don't know what it is about getting a cold before a sinus infection but it just flattens me. I felt like I could barely think, my brain was going in slow motion, and I was just so miserable. It took me until Sunday to finally start feeling better. I'm still running an off and on fever at this point, which is annoying, but I am much better than I was! I spent days on the couch with Hulu. 
 Saturday Mom came to town to replace my truck battery. Even though my truck was running, the battery was old and on it's last leg. So to keep me from getting stuck somewhere in winter weather we decided to replace it before something terrible happened.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea