Skip to main content

15/52

Any guesses where I started off my day at?

The Dentist!

And, It snowed.

Seems about right for my life.

Thankfully nothing terrible happened at the Dentist this time, I just needed a refill of my antibiotics and the Dentist gave me a steroid for the inflammation, since I can't take NSAIDS. (Allergic)

So I got up an hour and a half earlier than normal to be ready for the dentist and then my first two students cancelled from sickness. SO I got a lot of stuff done!

I took my first steroid pill in the afternoon and was teaching and was still tired and thought, oh these aren't making me as awake as they usually do.

Then 8:00 pm hits, my last students leave and I think, hmm.. I think I'll tackle and clean my mess of a laundry room.

..........................................................................................................................

I think they were effective.

So effective that I didn't fall asleep until 3:45 am Tuesday morning. 

And that was after only taking ONE pill

It did not bode well for the rest of the week.

Tuesday I soldiered on, with my 6 hours of sleep.

Wednesday morning I woke up at 4:45. 

And could not fall back asleep.

I finally got up, showered, and placed a to go order on Dunkin Donuts App. I was out of my house and getting coffee before it was light outside.

I'm sure my neighbor wondered what the emergency was for me to leave that early. HA!


By the time my first students were coming at 1:30, I had already drank coffee and had moved on to Coca Cola.

I look way more alert than I felt. Thank you makeup!
Thursday morning was AGAIN another early wake up at 4:45. 5 hours of sleep two nights in a row was not working well for me. I didn't teach until later, but i had to keep moving or I was going to fall asleep. So I worked a ton on my computer, went grocery shopping, and then decided I was going to finally paint the sofa table i had rescued from the trash when my annoying neighbors moved.
It should be noted that it was FINALLY WARM that day!! I wore jeans to grocery shop and had to come back home and find some shorts and sandals to wear.  I loved the first day of teaching with the window open! And no one mowed! YAY!!
It was glorious!!

but don't worry, it snowed again on the weekend!
The mostly finished product. not too shabby for a 3.00 can of oops paint!
Look at how warm it is!

At this point I was waiting for my last student of the night and I was just about delirious. I was so tired. I legit almost fell asleep during her lesson. She left at 8:30, I'm pretty sure i was in the shower before she was out of my neighborhood. I was in bed by 9:15 and thanks to the Almighty Lord I slept a glorious 11 hours that night! And was still exhausted the next day. Unfortunately when you have a chronic illness like myself, lack of sleep can have ill effects on you. By Friday night I was really not feeling well. I spent all of Saturday and the majority of Sunday feeling like crud. Thankfully by Sunday night my flare up was subsiding and I was looking forward to joining the world again on Monday. Well Rested! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea