Skip to main content

16/52

 Last week started off with cold temps again. It was a bit of a rude awakening since Thursday of the prior week had me in shorts and sandals. Sigh. Back to boots and leggings...
 One of my students had a birthday and she brought a new "friend" with her to piano lessons. I loved where she placed him! It was rather hilarious to look up there and see a stuffed animal peeking out between her music.
 HA!
 Wednesday I wore my #pearlsforbarbara to honor the life of our former First Lady.
 And I also snacked on the most DELICIOUS sugar cookie from Mary Lou's! If you're from around here you know that Mary Lou's has seriously good doughnuts. but I had no idea they had cookies and other items! Until a student told me! I thought he had the name of the shop wrong. HA! Alas he was correct on the name and also correct on their deliciousness. I regretted only buying two. 
Thursday was an exciting mail day. Yes, that is a lazy neck cell phone holder, and I love it.

You can also bend it to use it like a tripod of sorts, and I used it that day for a skype lesson and it worked great!

 Pair #1 of the 3 pairs of free shoes I ordered from Sears arrived on Thursday as well!
 I also had a chiro apt, and he put me in my favorite room. My Mom's not so favorite room, she hates birds. So I had to take the obligatory picture to send to her. For some reason I never got a response????!
 I seem to have a uniform of sorts on Thursdays. A Northview shirt, and leggings or jeggings, and comfy shoes. I managed to drop Firehouse Subs on my shirt at lunchtime. My chiro asked me what I had for lunch and I said, you just saw the stain on my shirt didn't you. Yup.

Then when I was having dinner that evening I dropped Chicken Taco soup on my cardigan. 

All my meals were covered.

Sunday dawned bright and beautiful and I was SO excited to be at church after not feeling well the past two Sundays. Two Sundays felt like 2 months. It was GREAT to be back!

 And I ran into Captain Jack Sparrow at church, because even he needs Jesus!

HA!

Actually we are having a series based on the Movies, so we have had movie characters roaming around every week! I was seriously impressed on how many Spiritual Truths, scripture and life lessons Pastor Steve was able to get out of a few clips of a movie about a lady with early onset Alzheimer's. Before I left for church I thought, oh good, we have a lighter series, that means I won't cry at church this week. Well. I made it to about 7 minutes until the end and then the water works came. I can't help it. The Spirit moves and I shed some tears!

 After church I had a ton of errands to run, I decided to go to the Aldi not far from my church, and as I was sitting at a red light I looked over and saw this license plate and I thought it was hilarious. Maybe it's the Midwest but I feel like we don't have very many creative personalized plates. So I did a double take when I saw this NY plate.

I ran all over town, came home and got to work on cleaning and organizing my house. If you remember from last week I had finished painting a curb side find, (my favorite) the sofa table to go at the end of my hallway. One of my errands was to Dollar Tree to find some storage containers that fit the vision I had for this table.
 I came home with the four on the bottom shelf, and different ones for the top shelf. Put everything in them, and thought, ehhh I don't think I like this. I snapped a picture to send to Audra to confirm and she agreed. So I went back to Dollar tree for the second time that day, and got four more bins for the top shelf. Ignore the top of the sofa table, those items are waiting to find homes. :)
I love the final look! Well, I would love it more if the bins on the ground were 3, and could go vertical, but alas they were too long. I may have to hunt down some other ones that are small and short enough to go vertical. But other than that I love it! And it organizes my stuff SO well!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea