Skip to main content

16/52

 Last week started off with cold temps again. It was a bit of a rude awakening since Thursday of the prior week had me in shorts and sandals. Sigh. Back to boots and leggings...
 One of my students had a birthday and she brought a new "friend" with her to piano lessons. I loved where she placed him! It was rather hilarious to look up there and see a stuffed animal peeking out between her music.
 HA!
 Wednesday I wore my #pearlsforbarbara to honor the life of our former First Lady.
 And I also snacked on the most DELICIOUS sugar cookie from Mary Lou's! If you're from around here you know that Mary Lou's has seriously good doughnuts. but I had no idea they had cookies and other items! Until a student told me! I thought he had the name of the shop wrong. HA! Alas he was correct on the name and also correct on their deliciousness. I regretted only buying two. 
Thursday was an exciting mail day. Yes, that is a lazy neck cell phone holder, and I love it.

You can also bend it to use it like a tripod of sorts, and I used it that day for a skype lesson and it worked great!

 Pair #1 of the 3 pairs of free shoes I ordered from Sears arrived on Thursday as well!
 I also had a chiro apt, and he put me in my favorite room. My Mom's not so favorite room, she hates birds. So I had to take the obligatory picture to send to her. For some reason I never got a response????!
 I seem to have a uniform of sorts on Thursdays. A Northview shirt, and leggings or jeggings, and comfy shoes. I managed to drop Firehouse Subs on my shirt at lunchtime. My chiro asked me what I had for lunch and I said, you just saw the stain on my shirt didn't you. Yup.

Then when I was having dinner that evening I dropped Chicken Taco soup on my cardigan. 

All my meals were covered.

Sunday dawned bright and beautiful and I was SO excited to be at church after not feeling well the past two Sundays. Two Sundays felt like 2 months. It was GREAT to be back!

 And I ran into Captain Jack Sparrow at church, because even he needs Jesus!

HA!

Actually we are having a series based on the Movies, so we have had movie characters roaming around every week! I was seriously impressed on how many Spiritual Truths, scripture and life lessons Pastor Steve was able to get out of a few clips of a movie about a lady with early onset Alzheimer's. Before I left for church I thought, oh good, we have a lighter series, that means I won't cry at church this week. Well. I made it to about 7 minutes until the end and then the water works came. I can't help it. The Spirit moves and I shed some tears!

 After church I had a ton of errands to run, I decided to go to the Aldi not far from my church, and as I was sitting at a red light I looked over and saw this license plate and I thought it was hilarious. Maybe it's the Midwest but I feel like we don't have very many creative personalized plates. So I did a double take when I saw this NY plate.

I ran all over town, came home and got to work on cleaning and organizing my house. If you remember from last week I had finished painting a curb side find, (my favorite) the sofa table to go at the end of my hallway. One of my errands was to Dollar Tree to find some storage containers that fit the vision I had for this table.
 I came home with the four on the bottom shelf, and different ones for the top shelf. Put everything in them, and thought, ehhh I don't think I like this. I snapped a picture to send to Audra to confirm and she agreed. So I went back to Dollar tree for the second time that day, and got four more bins for the top shelf. Ignore the top of the sofa table, those items are waiting to find homes. :)
I love the final look! Well, I would love it more if the bins on the ground were 3, and could go vertical, but alas they were too long. I may have to hunt down some other ones that are small and short enough to go vertical. But other than that I love it! And it organizes my stuff SO well!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...