Skip to main content

22/52

 Last week started off with a day off on Memorial Day. I took zero pictures and stayed inside in the a/c. It was HOT. I read and relaxed and thought about the people who were missing those they had lost. I'm always extremely thankful for our soldiers sacrifice to keep us safe. We really do live in the best country in the world!


Tuesday I taught the majority of my Monday students, and again managed not to take a single picture. I was very confused all day long and thought it was wednesday. 

I snapped this picture Weds during a lesson. Does anyone see anything odd about her music?! HA!


 Wednesday dawned and I was still confused. At least i think this picture was taken weds. who knows.

I got this Becky Wade novel and a Patricia Bradley pre release in the mail so it was a reaaalllllyyyy exciting mail day!! 

The Summer Book club at the library is in full swing and I am sailing through my hours!!
 Thursday night I was done early with students. WAHOO! So i went out and ran some errands. I needed to pick up a birthday present for Roman's birthday party that weekend so i headed over to Ollies. I don't know how long i was in that store, but it was awhile. I LOVE Ollie's! I stumbled across this Fraup mix, and bought a bag. I almost got more than one bag but I was afraid I wouldn't like it and then be stuck with it. I made a fraup Friday morning and it. was. delicious!!!!
 Saturday I was up bright and early to get ready for Roman's birthday party! And this is pretty much the best shot I got of him all day! He was having a great time running around with his cousins and playing hard!
 I got to see my other family which is always great! It had been awhile since Bunny and I had caught up!
 Emboz and I were just there for Grandma Lisa's famous ice cream cake. Which Jboz made and did an EXCELLENT job recreating!!!! Also I'm basically on my knees here trying to be short enough to have both of our heads in the frame. Hashtag tall people with short friends problems
 At the very end of the party I got to snuggle and feed my little snugglebunny Koko. He's just SO DELICIOUS! And addictive! I love that little guy!! I was impressed with my Aunting skills, hand free feeding!
 Had to get Momma in on the shot. I love how he's looking at her! So sweet!!
 After the party and snuggling was over, i went back to Ollie's for another bag of the Fraup mix. And then ran to sears to buy some more things with my free points. Our Sears is closing, SOB, and apparently they have decided that June is a great time to turn off the AC. Note- they are not closing until Sept. It was so hot in there sweat was running down my legs.  Those poor employees!

I got home and strange things began to happen. First Mary Lou Doughnuts pulled up outside my house and my heart began to beat faster! Sadly after about 7 minutes they left and never delivered any doughnuts to me.

Then a few minutes after that I heard a weird sound, and the Boilermaker Special drove by. Filled with people.??????? It drove by several more times and I managed to get a small video of it for my nephews. I'm guessing someone hired them for a party??? Not sure. I don't live in a bad neighborhood but it's not a particularly scenic one. And they just kept driving past in both directions. A little odd...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea