Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday!




It has been a hot minute since I have joined in on a What's Up Wednesday. Here's hoping I get this post finished ON Wednesday!


What I'm eating this week:

Tuesday I treated myself to Buck Creek Pizza. SO SO SO GOOD!  I'll probably have the leftovers today, and then Thursday it's lunch at the fair! Lemon Shake up and BBQ pulled pork sandwich. YUMMY!!!!



What I'm reminiscing about:

My FB memories feed has been full of fair pictures. Lots of pics of me visiting Audra at the fair for free sunglasses and of course a lemon shake up!




What I'm Loving:

Being done at 3:30 pm on Thursdays!!



What I've been up to:

Yesterday I went to the nursing home that I frequent and played a concert for them. Other than that just working, and working on cleaning and organizing some parts of my house.





What I'm dreading:

The return of fall schedule. I have loved not teaching late into the evening this summer. Thursdays I have been done teaching at 3:30. 3:30!!!! It's been wonderful! Not excited to go back to feeling like I have no life.




What I'm working on:

The Christmas recital. Yes, it is July, almost August. But I'm in the hunting and gathering part of music selection for my students. trying to figure out which songs they want to do, what books to put them in. We will start practicing recital songs in September!


What I'm Excited about:

I'm excited to go to the Fair tomorrow morning and have my Fair Lunch. I am going to visit some students and their animals and hopefully see where my business is posted as a sponsor!



What I'm Watching/Reading:

I'm halfway through Jamie Jo Wright's book, the Reckoning at Gossamer Pond. It's so good! I'm also reading Erynn Mangum's Paige series on my library app. Hurrying to get in lots of reading hours before the summer reading program ends next week!




What I'm listening to:

Right now it's silence. Which is needed before I have a big day of teaching students! I've been listening to Left Behind also via my library app, and man, it is very thought provoking and convicting.



What I'm Wearing:

Today I'm sporting shorts, sandals, and a new 1.00 tank top that I scored at Walmart last week!




What I'm doing this weekend:

Friday I have my last free massage of the summer at the massage clinic. I'm always send when they end their program.My back is sad too!!

Sunday is Baptism Sunday at church which is basically my most favorite sunday service ever. I cry every time!


What I'm looking forward to next month:

Well as much as I'm not excited about teaching late into the evening I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly happy that I won't have to get up as early every day! Here's to sleeping in until 9 am on some work days!!!

And I'm hopefully looking forward to seeing Auds and meeting little baby Evie! I have been dying to get my hands on that little sugar!



What else is new:

The fact that I'm finishing this post before 4:30 ON WEDNESDAY. It's a miracle!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea